Evolution

I am not human. In fact, the origin of my species is far from the wellspring of modern humankind. Exact coordinates are not important to the beginning of this memoir as the brightest of us are not equipped to comprehend such distances without the use of sophisticated technology. Documenting the human story is far more important to me.

Evolution is the underpinning theme of this biography but although every species in the Greater Cosmos is dependent on evolution to survive, learning to manipulate the environment to overcome adversity and danger is the beginning of the journey to 'higher' evolution.

Failure to evolve in a timely manner will lead to extinction through negative scenarios such as war, famine, natural disaster or becoming domesticated consumables that benefit more evolved species. In the end, the species that is least able to adapt or overcome adversity will fail. It is simply the way of things.

Contemplating the significance of human history, I find myself pondering evolution and its unknowable outcome. We could say that survival is its own evolutional goal and that is true, but if a species breaks through the technological barrier, then the result in every case is a substantial acceleration of the evolution process.

Technological growth improves our ability to understand our environment and our experience grows with the physical application of technological advancement and this growth provides the means to advance technology to greater heights. Over time, this process becomes a self-propagating technical evolution.

I have heard evolution described using many examples, but the circle of life birth, life, and death... repeating until the end of time seems inappropriate in this context because a circle returns to its original point and is therefore... static.

Instead, I would liken the entwined human genetic and technical evolutionary process to a tightly wound spiral where each successful generation advances the species further along an unknowable path.

History is mostly documented by the victor. So, you may wonder why I, as a non-human, would care enough to write a biography about the enemy of my species. That question and many more will be addressed as we progress through the Re-Forge biography.

I will admit that recent, unexpected events have left me floundering, and confused, but it is my hope that the act of documenting this biography will allow me to overcome the many barriers that currently affect my inner wellbeing.

Until recently, I was an entity of great power and presence, known as a God by lesser species, but events have proven more than even 'I' could handle, leaving me out-played and inert. The power that defined me has been stripped away by those I now serve and if that is not enough... the Gods themselves pound upon the walls of my new home with weapons more powerful than mortal minds can comprehend.

As I research historical data to create this biography, I sometimes wonder if I am writing the biography, or the biography has taken on a life of its own.

It is becoming evident that our holistic understanding of the Greater Cosmos grows with the acquisition of knowledge and experience, and it is our level of technology and innovative ability that underpins survival during our higher evolutionary journey.

It is accepted fact that everything in the Greater Cosmos has a beginning and an end. It is the journey on the great path toward the distant future of humankind that is the goal of this biography.

The following text is not the beginning of human history but is the critical point where the cruelest, most inhumanly desperate, and daring survival strategy was implemented by any species, anywhere in the Greater Cosmos, begins.

The location for this... ultimatestrategic gamble is a tiny planet called Earth.