Chapter 7: Meeting The Classmates

Ryuji sat at his seat quietly as some of his classmates began their introductions. The first two who introduced themselves caught his attention slightly.

"My is Kotesu Hagane and I like my best friend Izumo and hope we're on the same team," A boy with spiky black hair and dark eyes introduced.

"My is Izumo Kamizuki and I like my best friend Kotetsu and hate unclean environments,'" A boy with slightly long brown hair and dark eyes said as he introduced himself

'So two best friends and one is a clean freak.' Ryuji thought looking at the two boys sitting near each other.

The person was a boy with short, sandy-brown hair and black eyes wearing glasses.

"My name is Haruto and my goal is to become a skilled shinboi and I like reading," He said

"Hm," Ryuji hummed as more people introduced themselves and how two of them caught his attention the most. The first one was a boy with long brown hair and Hyuga eyes the second one was a boy with purple hair and the cat from earlier on his lap.

"Daiki Hyuga I dislike my clan's tradition of the curse, " The brown hair boy said fixing the bandage on his forehead.

"I'm Taiyo Shion and I like my number one partner," The purple hair boy said smiling at his cat

(He is an oc belonging to someone from Discord)

"Anko Mitarashi and I like hanging out with Ryuji and eating dango!" Anko shouted with a wide smile on her face.

"My name is Momohana Hagihara and I hate my clan's traditions and strictness, " A familiar peach hair gork said.

"The name is Aoi Minamoto and I like Momohana and plan to get her to feel the same way, " A boy with short blue hair and bangs framing his face said with a smirk on his face.

"Ryuji Umito and that is all you need to know," Ryuji replied blankly as he stared out the window.

"Well now that everyone has introduced themselves. We will begin today's class by learning about charka," Shori-sensei said.

Ryuji silently turned his attention forward as Shori-sensei began the lecture on what chakra was.

'This is going to be a boring morning.' Ryuji thought with a sigh as he leaned his head against his fist.

~~~

Ryuji yawned as Shori-sensei finished the lecture on chakra and moved on to the history lesson on how the Hidden Leaf was founded.

He let out a sigh of relief as she paused signaling the time for lunch.

"Those you have brought lunch stay here and the others who didn't follow me to the cafeteria and then everyone back here for lunch," Shori-sensei announced.

She then leads the students who didn't bring lunch to the cafeteria as the others who had lunch move around finding friends to chat with during lunch.

Ryuji stayed out of his seat and took out the bento box his uncle made and began eating his lunch.

"Hey Ryu," Anko greeted sitting down near Ryuji.

"Hm," Ryuji hummed sending a brief glance in Anko's direction before glancing back at his lunch.

"Ah, come on at least say hello," Anko said annoyed her best friend was still not talking to her.

"He doesn't seem to have the best of moods today," Tayio said joining the duo.

Ryuji just rolled and continued to eat his food in silence not paying much attention to the newcomer.

"I believe that I know what's on your mind," A soft voice said from behind Ryuji.

He glanced up recognizing that voice and saw it was Momohana with a kind smile on her face and her hair flowing down past her shoulders.

"I take it you are thinking about mother and father aren't you?" She asked placing a hand on Ryuji's shoulder.

"That's right I heard about their funeral explains the bad mood, " Taiyo said. "As well as why Tadaaki is close to you they do say nekos are great at sensing emotions like Inu," He commented.

"Hm," Ryuji hummed looking back at the window.

"Fine if that's what you want I leave you alone," Anko said frustrated and got up walking away.

"Boy she got headed," Momohana said glancing at Anko leaving.

"Yeah, but she just misses her best friend, " Taiyo said. 

"She will cool off quicker than you think," Ryuji mumbled not taking his gaze off the window as birds flew around.

"You finally talking huh?" Taiyo commented.

"Hm," Ryuji hummed once again.

"Not completely just occasionally it seems," Momohana said shaking her head and gently squeezing Ryuji's shoulder once more. "If you ever want to talk I listen, " She said with a smile.

"Same friends," Taiyo said holding a hand out to Ryuji.

Ryuji glanced at Taiyo for a movement before he hesitated and shook his hand.

Ryuji turned his attention toward the front as Shori-sensei continued today's lesson as soon as lunch was over.

The rest of the day was spent doing math and learning more about chakra and the different chakra natures. Soon the class was dismissed for the day and everyone was ready to head home and talk with their families about their first day at the academy.

🐍🐍🐍

Hey, wonderful readers!

The seventh chapter of The Cursed Serpent is completed and published. Ryuji and Anko had their first day at the Ninja Academy for their first day, where they learned the names of their classmates. Ryuji is bored out of mind on the basics of chakra and the history he already knows. During lunch, a familiar friend and a new one try to socialize with him,  but he continues to ignore everyone including Anko who walks off upset.  However, he soon decides to loosen up and speak making a new friend in Taiyo.

Question of the chapter: What is your favorite anime?

Thanks for reading!

Wc: 982