Chapter 6: Shori-sensei

It has been two months since Ryuji discovered his parents had passed away ever since that day. He has become more closed off with his emotions, like his Uncle Oro, who has recently spent time in his home lab.

Ryuji was currently in his bedroom getting ready for his first day at the Ninja Academy, along with Anko's first day as well. After showering, he got dressed in the new outfit his uncle had bought him today. 

It was a dark blue and purple kimono shirt over his usual fishnet shirt and black pants. 

"Hey Ryu, are you up?" Anko asked loudly from the other side of the door. 

"What is it?" He asked in an emotionless voice. 

"No need for emo behavior. I was letting you know breakfast is ready," Anko said. 

"I'm not emo, Anko, just not in the mood right now," He replied, combing a hand through his hair and untangling it. 

"Okay, if you say so. See you downstairs at breakfast," Anko said. 

Ryuji sighed as he heard Anko's footsteps walking away from the door. He wasn't trying to push her out, but after his parent's death just wanted to be alone, except when it came to Uncle Oro. 

When he was done untangling his hair, which had grown a bit longer over the last two months,  he opened the bedroom door and headed downstairs to eat breakfast. 

~~~

"Good morning, uncle," Ryuji greeted as he entered the kitchen, where Anko was sitting at the table eating breakfast, and his uncle was drinking a cup of tea. 

"Morning," Orochimaru greeted with a nod as his nephew sat down at the table. 

"Seriously, you talk to him, but you are constantly ignoring me!" Anko said in annoyance. 

"Anko, let him be. If he wants to be left alone, then you should let him be, " Orochimaru said, glancing at Ryuji, eating his breakfast, not saying a single word. 

Anko sighed but decided that she do as Orochimaru suggested and let him have his space, but she wasn't given up on bringing back her friend to his old self. 

Ryuji stood up from the table as he ate breakfast."I'm going to brush my teeth," He said, walking out of the kitchen to head on upstairs to brush his teeth and grab his bag for his first day at the ninja academy.

"Alright, Anko, you find eating and grab your bag," Orochimaru said as he watched his nephew leave the kitchen. As he grabbed the plate and put it in the sink with his mug and the empty glass that was next to Ryuji's plate.

"I'm almost done," Anko said loudly as she finished with the remaining bacon.

Orochimaru nodded as he took Anko's plate and put it in the sink the moment she was done eating and started to wash some of the dishes as he waited for both Anko and Ryuji to be ready to leave for the ninja academy.

~~~

Ryuji was now walking through the streets of the villages with his uncle Orochimaru and Anko as they started making their way to the Ninja Academy.

"Ryuji, this is it. We're finally starting the Ninja Academy!" Anko said, full of excitement.

"Hm," Ryuji hummed, not once sparring a glance with Anko as he was stareing off in front with a hollow and spaced-out expression.

Anko sighed as she noticed he wasn't paying any attention to her.

'Oh Ryuji, I wish you would talk to me.' Anko looked at Ryuji sadly as he continued to walk forward with his hands in his pants pockets.

Orochimaru looked at his nephew and touched his shoulder, giving him a soft smile.

'I promise, little sister.  I will take care of my nephew the best I can.' Orochimaru thought.

Ryuji smiled back at his uncle, knowing that he was trying to be strong for himself despite hurting as well from the death of his sister and brother-in-law.

However, the moment was short live between the two as the academy came into view; he suddenly noticed bright glowing eyes looking from a window.

As they got closer, Ryuji could make out that the eyes belonged to move other than a cat. He then noticed that his uncle was looking at the cat as well.

"Hm?" Ryuji questioned as the cat looked at him and his uncle.  He then saw what looked like a boy his age, with bright purple hair wearing a yellow hoodie.

"So it's the Shion boy's feline companion, " Orochimaru commented as he started walking off carrying his cat.

"Is that who you saw a cat watching us," Ryuji asked, looking st his uncle.

"It seems interested in you," Orochimaru commented.

"Strange feline," Ryuji commented with a shrug as he and Orochimaru walked toward the Academy entrance with Anko close behind.

'I will get you to talk to me again one day.' Anko thought as she followed Ryuji and Orohcimaru into the Academy.

~~~

"

Alright, I will be here to pick you on up after class, " Orochimaru said as they arrived at the classroom.

Ryuji sighed and spotted an empty over to sit in the back near the window, ignoring the glances the kids were sending toward his uncle, impressed with him being a Sannin.

"Yeah, see you around, uncle," Ryuji said, walking over to the empty seat near the window and waving bye.

He sat on down and glanced out the window, watching more kids and their parents making their way to the academy. The next moment he felt something touching his leg and saw the cat from earlier pawing at him.

"Tadaaki, don't bother him," The purple-haired boy from the window said, pulling his cat away from Ryuji's leg. "Sorry about that."

Ryuji then glanced back out the window as more and more students entered the classroom. His attention was then drawn toward the front of the classroom as he saw a tall, fair-skinned man with short blonde hair tied back in a ponytail and teal eyes.

"Hello, everyone. My name is Shori Yamanaka, and been a Chunin since I was 14 and have been teaching for four years now," She introduced, setting down her clipboard and papers on the desk."Now to start off today's class, I want you all to say your name and tell us a little about either what you like or dislike or anything else you want to share," She said.

🐍🐍🐍

Hey, wonderful readers!

The sixth chapter of The Cursed Serpent is completed and published. Ryuji and Anko arrived at Ninja Academy for their first day, where they met their sensei Shori and or now getting ready for class introduction.  Sorry, it took a while to update was having trouble with writing this chapter the way I liked. However next chapter will show how their first day at the Ninja Academy will go.

New cover made by zherozi!

Question of the chapter: How do you think their first day will go?

Thanks for reading!

Wc: 1163