Laika spoke then, long ears pricked a little in curiosity, "And you weren't concerned, seeing a wolf at your current tribe?"

"To be honest," Oona said, "I wasn't even sure he was a wolf. They're said to be extinct. I wondered if he was a northern breed, or a primitive breed. But he looks nothing like a Dingo or Sled Dog. He's too large to be anything but a wolf. Too primitive. Too powerful." She said it with a sense of admiration and respect, which Afore was astounded by. "But, Saluki, to answer your question, I did not tell my tribe of him. Of course, you know that. I was with you two during that time. But either way, I would not want my tribe to know of him." She looked at them both, trailing behind them, agouti pelt ruffling, "At least, not yet."

"Not yet?" Laika asked.

Oona said nothing, only nodded up ahead at them. Laika glanced, head cocked, at Afore, who looked at her lowly right back, concerned.

Afore said quietly, "I don't trust this."

"I don't, either. But she's one little coyote, and she does not even bear armour or gear. She's defenceless against us."

The wolf shook his head, considering, "I know, I suppose you are right. I just have a bad feeling."

"It will be alright. We have to get this rope off if either of us want a chance for our separate lives."

That did sound appealing. Afore sighed and then, at last, nodded. They continued their walk, but Afore still felt uneasy. His stomach seemed to churn, his head seemed to sweat with the anticipation of something bad. Heavy, hard-to-breathe anxiety, igniting his body like hot, sweaty fire. Sure enough, he found himself heavily panting- and not from exertion- as their walked rounded to a close. His eyes were half-moons at the whites. Mind racing, heart beating, he wondered what this sly, stupid coyote had in store for him. For Laika. Was the coyote going to hurt them? Was she going to hurt Laika? His hair stood on end, hackles raising, and he glanced back warily to look at the coyote as she trotted along behind him, trees passing them by.

Nope. She looked normal, fine. Thoughtful, even. Ears and eyes alert, and for her own safety, as well. Afore shook his coat and ears, as if shaking off his nonsensical worries. This coyote was fine. She had nothing on her. Laika was right. Oona was just a trader, and her current tribe had something that Laika and Afore desperately needed. Afore wondered, then, in his own stupidity and anxiety, if he was more concerned with himself being harmed, or with Laika being harmed.

After their long trot through the forest, the three canines finally approached a large underground burrow. The saluki found it first, her black nose to the messy forest ground. The wolf followed, trusting her judgement. And then the coyote after.

The tan pointed saluki stood tall at the base of the burrow, watching Oona as she trotted up towards it and sniffed the ground, confirming Laika and Afore's scents. Hung loosely between the saluki and the wolf was their long, all-too-familiar rope.

"Here," Laika said to Oona, "The bear hide should be in this burrow." Afore sat down at the edge of the burrow, while Laika and Oona crawled underneath the dirt and into it to look at the large hide. Afore felt the rope along his neck tug a little, being pulled under Anertha's crust and into the dug out. He knew Laika felt the rope turn taught between them, as well, as she ventured farther than the rope would have liked. Still, Afore stayed sitting outside, watching the forest's movements of little critters, birds, and tumbling leaves. He was a look-out, more or less, and a figure of powerful protection. And honestly, he did not feel like forcing his large body through the small entrance of that burrow again. His entire body ached, his back bruised from their previous night of escape. Instead, the wolf finally relaxed, inhaling luxurious, fresh scents from the forest, some foul and some pleasant, but all welcome. The breeze brushed his coat.