Thatch's POV of the night

I knew something  was off when Luffy came to talk to me at 8 am. She had an uneasy feeling, apparently, and just wanted to make sure I was fine.

How could someone this cute and innocent exist?!

But anyways, we were just talking about a prank we were going to pull off when Luffy noticed a shadow approach me. I saw she was unfocused and turned around to see what was going on, noticing Teach.

"Hey, Tea-HOLY CRAP, IS THAT A KNIFE!?"

I was panicked and froze in my spot, unable to move as Teach raised his arm to stab me,

Then the unexpected happened.

Luffy threw herself between me and the knife, getting the knife pierced through her lower abdomen.

Teach started cackling like the psycho he is and tried to make a run with her, but he didn't get far as the rest of the commanders woke up due to the commotion and saw what happened, grabbing Teach and pointing a gun to his head, his knife falling down on the table beside him.

Not the prettiest sight.

Luffy was covered in her own blood and had fainted in my arms, where Marco took her to the infirmary. Ace and Sabo were a panicked mess, just running around in circles, cussing and swearing revenge on Teach.

Honestly, I would do the same.

Oyaji was unusually quiet, as was everyone else, after Whitey, the nurse, came out of the infirmary an hour later and told everyone Luffy would be alright, but she was temporarily in a coma.

I don't think anyone went to sleep on the Moby that night.

Sorry for the short chapter, peeps.

I'll make a longer one next time, i promise.

-Aaliana