Fitting In (1/2)

To say ASL enjoyed the Whitebeard's company was an understatement. They LOVED it on the Moby after a week or two. Only one problem, and that was Luffy didn't like the guy with a huge black beard- his name was Teeth? Teac? Teach! Yeah!

Anyways, our story begins on the Moby's deck. Ace, Luffy and Sabo had gotten into a little fight about who had the worst father, and so, Luffy got mad at them and wasn't talking to them, making the Moby unusually quiet.

Thatch couldn't take it anymore. "OK, WHAT IS GOING ON?! IT'S TOO QUIET!!!" He bursted out at Lunchtime. The commanders all looked at him wierdly, especially Marco, though he didn't like the quiet much either.

"What do you mean??" Sabo *cough* eerily*cough* asked. Everyone faces ASL as Luffy responded rather Passive-aggressively.

"We got into an awgumant," she replied innocently, looking up from her teddy bear, 'Miss Poppy'.

"About what??" Vista asked, eyeing them wierdly.

"About who had the worst father," Ace replied arrogantly, refusing to look at Luffy, as the commanders all sweat-dropped.

"Ok, why don't we all just drop this topic for now?" ASL nodded and the mood became a bit cheerful once again. "Let's agree you all had the -worst- fathers."

"Ok, but answer my question first, Luffy," Izou looked her in the eyes. "You can't go five minutes without talking to anyone. How did you??"

Luffy had stars in her eyes. "I was thinking about Oyaji!!"

Whitebeard chuckled. "GURARARARA! What were you thinking about me??"

This caught everyone's attention as they all looked at Luffy, who was bouncing on her heels. "I was thinking about how coowl you are, Oyaji! You're so coowl that you're called White-beawd instead of White-moustache and no-one questions it!!"

"GURARARARARA!! Cheeky brat." Whitebeard takes a sip from his mug as the nurses all hurry forward, slapping his hands, scolding him, taking the mug away or all three.

"But that doesn't make sense, you didn't talk to us for FOUR hours!!" Sabo and Ace exclaimed.

"Oh. That's because I was thinking about how I could win a bear fight." Luffy answered, smiling up at them. "Not an Awctic bear, more of a gwrizzly bear. Jump on it's back, put it in a headlock-"

The deck burst out into laughter. Thatch couldn't help but roll on the floor laughing as Marco's 'Overprotective Drive' turns on, scowling at Thatch with a look that says, 'I'll deal with you later'.

"Luffy, we aren't fighting anyone, especially not at sea." Marco says. Luffy scrowls.

"Why not??"

"Well, if you've eaten a devil fruit, you'll sink-" Marco says but is cut off.

"What if you've eaten thwee??" Luffy asks, making the Moby go deathly quiet.

"I-what?!" Marco looked concerned as Haruta chokes on his water and one of the chefs burnt his eggs. "It's not physically possible to eat more than one without dying!!"

"But I can!!" Luffy exclaimed determined to prove it. "I ate the Gomu-Gomu no mi, the Galaxy- Galaxy no mi and the clone-clone no mi. I can pwove it!!" Without hesitation, Luffy snaps he fingers and ten Luffy's appear on the ship. Once again, she snaps and a tear in the space time continuum appears, but she closes it quickly. She stretches her arms across the table and grabs Sabo's hat as the clones disappear. "And besides, mama won't let me sink!!"

"What do you mean??" Teach asked, grimacing. Bastard.

"I mean mama won't let me sink." Luffy replied very slowly, fiddling with her white dress.

"No, that's not what we meant-" Vista begins, but was cut off.

"She means her mother won't allow her own child to drown. You've heard the stories of Silver D. Opal merging her soul with the sea, I presume??" Sabo asks.

"Yeah, I've heard part of it,"Marco answered. Where was this conversation going??

"Well, basically, before she merged her soul with the sea, she had a baby. That baby turned out to be Luffy," Sabo explained as slowly as possible to let Ace's brain process the information. "She wouldn't want to let her own daughter drown, so Luffy can swim and float on water, thus why the marines and Celestial Dragons see her as a vessel and weapon they could use."

"Yeah!!" Luffy threw her hands up in confirmation, smiling warmly at them. They all just grinned back at hers after all, how could you not to our cute, adorable Luffy??

At that moment, all their worries seem to slightly fade. No-one noticed anything about Teach darkly fake-smiling, forming a plan in his head, attaching to his other plan he would execute tonight. To kill Thatch. To kidnap her.

Hello People! I'm back better than ever!! I will be posting a story on my account sometime about Luffy's mother so you can further understand the plot of the story. Otherwise, I'll be releasing 'Fitting In (2/2)' sometime soon.

See ya there!!

-Lizzy :)