§§Chapter 6§§

"Miss Shin-nae Nae is there a problem??" "You tell me. What's going on??" "Your Mother's life is at risk that's all" "Annnnddd" "And you need protection just in case they try to get to her through you" "What kind of danger are we talking about here??" "It's Confidential. Sorry". I kept mute. Soon Mom came in looking at me questioningly. "I can't sleep." Sergeant Aura saluted and left. Mom sat down on my bed and she pulled me to herself and kissed my hair "You'll be fine. Relax". After a while she said "The General wants to talk with you" I froze. WHHAAATTT???!!! She noticed and just hugged me. Then an officer came in with her Laptop "General" Mom saluted "Major" "My daughter Shin-nae Nae" "Shin-nae Nae" "SIR!!" I screamed and saluted badly "My child please relax. It our duty to ensure you're safe and we'll do just that. I trust your mother she's an experienced solider so she will do exceedingly well in making sure you're safe. But there's something else. Something your Mother wouldn't like you to hear but I have to tell you. You should be prepared because if things get more intense, your mother will go missing for a very long time. She wouldn't be able to communicate with you and it isn't certain if she would ever return. So prepare" His voice was firm that it took a while for it to sink in but I still thought it wise to ask "And my mother...... will she be safe??" "We can never tell but as a solider's daughter you should know that the only thing certain in a battle field commander's life such as Major Mi-Young is death" I breathed sharply. "Thank you sir. I'll keep that in mind" "Very well cadet. Major Mi-Young" They saluted "I'll be signing off now. You too should get some early well deserved rest you have a big day tomorrow" She nodded and they saluted one more time as he cut the transmission. Then Mom turned to me and hugged me "I'm so sorry you had to hear that." "But it's true" I said weakly  as I cried myself to sleep in her chest.

•×•×•The Next One Day•×•×•
I stirred as I found myself being told to take a bath and dress for school. After I had completed all that I crawled back to sleep. When I opened my eyes again I was in a car and by my side sat Sergeant Aura. When she noticed I was staring she kept a takeaway on my laps and said "Eat". I blinked repeatedly. Then I opened the waterproof and brought out the takeaway. When I opened it I saw some fried bread. I was so excited.
(So basically fried bread is not so thinly sliced bread dipped in a batter of eggs,milk,flour,sugar,etc and fried like eggs. It's extremely yummy).
I smiled. "Mad. Wey you find am??" She looked at me "I mean the fried bread or abi na you make am??" "I don't understand" I shook my head "No bother" as I dug in. She also brought me some banana pudding with groundnuts to complete it. When we reached my school's shaky gate. She looked at me weirdly "What??" "Is this school even safe??" I nodded "Right with a shaky gate??" "And a leaky roof, damaged play facilities and an overgrown field" She looked out and read the banner "Royale Care International" she scoffed "What's 'Royale' about this junk yard??" I laughed "I'll speak with your Mother." "No need she'll be coming tomorrow with Dad right??" She kept mute. "Right??" She remained mute and fixed her eyes on my earpiece "You should always keep this on. You have an undercover spy with you and an extra-Opeyemi Matthews. If things get out of hand I'm always nearby" I felt uneasy so I decided I wasn't going to tell anyone about their coming. Just in case. And if Mom broke this promise I know I'll hate her. FOR LIFE!!!

When I got in I caught a glimpse of Sampson he was wearing something similar to my earpods and seemed to be having a conversation with hushed whispers which was weird. But I ignored him and went ahead to the rest of the gang. "Tomorrow's the PTA" I heard Esphine say "I wonder what they want to talk about now" Blikisu spat "At least we'll get to know later on" Dicey stated "But as for Shin-nae Nae I'm not so sure" Silence fell on the group then I slipped away to think before I would be caught eavesdropping on their conversation. I was beginning to feel that Mom may not show up after all. I was there when I heard the assembly bell ring. Then I breathed arranged myself and was about to head there when a girl crossed me. I read her ID "Opeyemi Matthews" She saluted "Major Mi-Young's daughter" I almost laughed remembering my failed attempt to salute yesterday "No need to salute me. I'm just a Major's daughter not a Major" She nodded in understanding "and please call me Shin-nae Nae" "Alright" "Am I safe??" She laughed."You are don't worry." "I've never seen you here before" She laughed again "You're right. I got a call from Sergeant Aura saying I was needed" I nodded. Suddenly she got an inception on her earpiece "Oh... Yes I'm with her.... Okay..... No problem.... Roger that. Signing off for now ma'am" I panicked "Ope you sure say I dey safe??" She laughed again "Normally na the only thing be say your Momsi dey live on em the news." I calmed as she fished out her phone to show me. I saw Mom in her full regalia shaking some very important people in this country. I had a huge smile on my face as I hoped she could wear that tomorrow too. But then I remembered the later part of yesternight's conservation. Perhaps she might not come at all or worse I may never see her again. My smile faded.

✓✓✓Mi-Young's POV
I got home really late and had just freshened up only for Juanita Xingling  to inform me that we were about to have an official private board meeting by 2:00 am and I had just taken off my full regalia. I blanked as I tried to control my anger "Juanita" I started calmly "Major" "When is the meeting fixed for?" "2:00 am ma" "What is the time now" "It's 2:00 am ma I'm so so sorry" I ignored her as I refreshened up as I began dressing I checked the time 2:25 am. Just then Juanita burst in as Zheng Shuyie was helping me get ready "Major it's been so long already and you know fully well that the meeting cannot start until you've settled down." I gestured Zheng Shuyie to stop as I grabbed a glass and aimed it at her. It slit her face multiple times. "Clean it up" I said and continued dressing. Then Xing Fu walked in as I was applying the finishing touches and he was already dressed. Was I the last person Juanita Xingling told about this meeting cos come to think of it both her,Xing Fu and Zheng Shuyie are fully dressed in their regalia. My anger increased. He glanced at Juanita Xingling-Fresh wounds,broken glass and blood dripping from her face. "You're bigger than this" "Lieutenant Xing Fu I see you're already dressed. Was I the last person Juanita Xingling informed about the meeting??" He didn't respond "Typical" I snorted. Then I checked myself on the mirror and then checked the time 2:39 am then I turned "We may proceed" But then the meeting ended up starting by 3:30 am. I was so pissed.

"General it is my daughter we are talking about." "Major we are just taking the necessary precautions" We argued back and forth. None of us willing to agree. By 5:30 am we got a break and I had left to the dining area to make myself some Arabic tea
"Major Mi-Young" "Sergeant Aura. Is all well??" "Hmm" she nodded as she smiled "But I am concerned about the safety standards of her school. I mean a shaky gate, leaky roof, faulty playground equipments and overgrown fields I mean" I sighed as I ATTEMPTED to massage my aching shoulder "I'll check it out later in the day" I walked away "About that ma'am are you sure you will be able to go there later one??" I  stopped walking but didn't turn around and kept mute as I once again TRIED to massage my neck. With the way this meeting was going only God could tell if I would be able to make it there at all. But I had made up my mind. I just had to put in the extra work and make it. "I had made my first promise to my daughter and I don't intend to break it. Please excuse me"

I walked back to the conference where those at the other end were in a deep heated argument and didn't notice my presence so I just sat and sipped my thick tea then I decided to call up Shin-nae Nae's Father
"Angel"
"Loppa where are you??"
"I'm in Calabar now don't fret."
"You remember what we are doing later today right so keep the whole day free"
"About that. I have a few meetings scheduled later on today."
"Postpone them. This meeting is very important for your daughter I'm sure doing a little good once in a while won't kill you okay some times learn to put others before yourself. It would help shave off some of the self-centeredness you carry around like money"
The line went flat
"But just in case you think of bailing know that wherever you go in this world I will hunt you down and when I find you I will personally drive 15 fully poisoned bullets straight into your heart by myself. Do you understand??"
He didn't respond
"Good. We'll meet again by 7. Be prepared."
I cut the call to find the whole board looking at me
"Who do you plan on killing so cruelly"
I smiled slowly wickedly 😼😼
"Anyone General that thinks he or she can prolong this meeting further. I don't mind using a few bullets."
They all gulped as the General gathered up his files and said
"So back to what we were talking about...... "
😌😌 I'm pleased with myself. I don't make threats often but when I do I fullfil them so everyone takes me seriously cos I have a record of integrity. I always keep my word. *Sigh* 😔 Let's just hope that this time I'll be able to keep my word to my daughter. I just can't fail her it wouldn't sit right with me so I refocused on the meeting. The earlier we're done the better so I get to fulfill my promise to my daughter.