ᴄʜ-17 ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪꜱQᴜɪᴇᴛ

After the final bell rang, releasing the students from their classes, Dunk's mind buzzed with the prospect of meeting Mai. He parted ways with his friends, eager to catch a glimpse of her before the day ended.

Navigating through the crowded corridors, Dunk finally spotted Mai near her locker. With a nervous flutter in his chest, he approached her, his steps hesitant yet determined.

Dunk: "Hey, Mai." 

Mai turned to him, her smile radiant as she returned his greeting, her eyes sparkling with curiosity.

Mai: "Hey, Dunk! How's it going?" 

Dunk replied, trying to maintain a casual demeanor despite the rapid thud of his heart.

Dunk: "Not bad, just surviving the usual school chaos."

Mai: "Yeah, tell me about it. The day feels like it's dragging on forever."

In that moment, Dunk found himself captivated by her presence, his worries melting away in her warm gaze.

As they chatted, Dunk couldn't help but feel a sense of ease wash over him. In Mai's company, the world seemed to fade into the background, leaving only the two of them in their own little bubble of conversation.

After their conversation, Dunk bid Mai goodbye with a reluctant smile, feeling a pang of disappointment as he turned to leave. He made his way back to his friends, who were waiting for him near the school entrance.

Dunk: "Hey, guys."

Force responded, with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

Force: "Yo, Dunk! Where've you been?" 

Dunk: "Just catching up with Mai." 

Pond grumbled, echoing the sentiment of their group.

Pond: "Lucky you! We've been stuck here lamenting about the school's last-minute decision to have classes today, instead of a holiday." 

Dunk nodded in agreement, sharing their frustration at the unexpected turn of events.

As they continued to chat and commiserate, Dunk couldn't shake the feeling of anticipation that lingered from his encounter with Mai. Despite the day's disappointments, the prospect of spending time with her again brought a glimmer of excitement to his heart.

Their conversation drifted from one topic to another, ranging from school assignments to plans for the upcoming weekend. Dunk found himself immersed in the camaraderie of his friends, the familiarity of their banter providing a comforting backdrop to the chaos of the school day.

As the afternoon sun cast long shadows across the courtyard, Dunk and his friends reluctantly began to disperse, each heading off in their own direction. Dunk lingered for a moment, watching as his friends disappeared into the crowd, before turning to make his way home.

As Dunk reached home, he was met with the sight of Joong already waiting for him, as if he had been expecting his arrival. Dunk's apprehension grew, but he pushed it aside as he entered the house.

Dunk: "Hey, Mom."

His mother greeted him warmly as soon as he stepped through the door, her smile faltering slightly when she noticed Joong standing behind Dunk.

Mrs. Natachai: "Well, since you're both here, I was just about to start some yard work. But before we begin, Dunk, you'll need to change into some old clothes. I've laid them out on the table," she said, gesturing towards the hallway where a set of worn-out clothes awaited him.