ᴄʜ-2 ᴀ ᴛᴇɴꜱᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ

Dunk emerged from the bathroom, his skin still damp from the shower, his mind clouded with frustration. The steam billowed out behind him as he made his way down the hallway, his footsteps heavy with unresolved anger.

As he approached the living room, Dunk could hear the muffled sounds of his mother and sister unpacking their belongings, their voices a constant murmur in the background. With a heavy sigh, Dunk braced himself for the inevitable confrontation.

Mrs. Natachai: "Dunk, sweetheart, could you please come out and help us unpack?"

Her voice was tinged with concern, but Dunk felt a surge of resentment welling up inside him.

Dunk: "I don't feel like it, Mom."

There was a brief pause, followed by the sound of rustling boxes and clinking glasses.

Mrs. Natachai: "Dunk, I know this move hasn't been easy for you, but we're all in this together. We need your help."

Dunk clenched his fists, his anger threatening to boil over.

Dunk: "I said I don't feel like it, okay? Just leave me alone."

But even as he spoke the words, Dunk felt a twinge of guilt tugging at his conscience. He knew that his mother and sister needed him, and he couldn't bear the thought of letting them down.

With a heavy sigh, Dunk pushed himself away from the door and stepped into the living room, his jaw set with determination.

Dunk: "Fine, I'll help."

His mother and sister turned to him, surprise and relief written on their faces.

Mrs. Natachai: "Thank you, Dunk. That means a lot."

Dunk nodded, his resolve firm as he joined them in unpacking their belongings. As they worked together, the tension in the room began to ease, replaced by a sense of unity and purpose.

And as the afternoon wore on, Dunk felt a weight lifting from his shoulders, replaced by a newfound sense of purpose. He knew that their new life in Thailand wouldn't be easy, but with his family by his side, he was ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead.

As Dunk finished unpacking, a sense of accomplishment washed over him. However, his triumph was short-lived as his eyes fell upon the open window, a chill breeze whispering through the room. His heart skipped a beat, and a shiver ran down his spine. Dunk could have sworn he had closed it just moments ago.

A flicker of fear danced in his chest as he approached the window cautiously. Peering outside, he scanned the quiet neighborhood, the hairs on the back of his neck standing on end. Nothing seemed amiss, yet a sense of unease gnawed at him.

His gaze fell upon a small piece of paper lying on the windowsill, the words "Welcome to the Neighborhood" scribbled hastily across it. Dunk's breath caught in his throat as he picked it up, his hands trembling slightly.

Dunk: "Dnie...?"

The idea of his sister playing a prank crossed his mind, but the thought did little to ease his growing sense of dread. He shook his head, trying to dispel the fear that threatened to overwhelm him.

Dunk: "It has to be Dnie's doing. She's just trying to mess with me."

With a forced chuckle, Dunk folded the note and tucked it into his pocket, willing himself to believe his own words. He closed the window tightly and turned away, determined to shake off the feeling of terror that had gripped him.

As he resumed his tasks, Dunk couldn't shake the lingering sense of unease that lingered in the back of his mind. But with each passing moment, he pushed aside his fear, focusing instead on the mundane tasks at hand.

But for now, all Dunk could do was push aside his fears and carry on, hoping that his sister's prank was the worst of what awaited them in their new neighborhood.