ᴄʜ-3 ꜱᴛᴇᴘᴘɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴄᴏᴍꜰᴏʀᴛ ᴢᴏɴᴇꜱ

With the last box unpacked and the chores completed, Dunk finally allowed himself a moment of respite. As he settled into his room, the familiar glow of his computer screen beckoned to him, offering a welcome escape from the stresses of their new life in Thailand.

With practiced ease, Dunk slipped on his headphones and logged into his favorite online game, eager to lose himself in the virtual world he had left behind in Germany. The familiar sights and sounds washed over him, a comforting reminder of happier times.

As he navigated through the game, Dunk felt a sense of peace wash over him, the familiar rhythms of gameplay easing the tension that had built up within him. But just as he was beginning to lose himself in the fantasy world before him, the sound of his mother's voice shattered the illusion.

Mrs. Natachai: "Dunk, sweetheart, shouldn't you be doing something more productive?"

Dunk's fingers faltered on the keyboard as he turned to see his mother standing in the doorway, her expression one of disapproval. He sighed, knowing that this conversation was inevitable.

Dunk: "Mom, I'm just taking a break. I've been helping all day."

Mrs. Natachai crossed her arms, her gaze stern.

Mrs. Natachai: "I know, Dunk, but spending all your time on that computer won't help you adjust to our new life here. You need to start making an effort to fit in."

Dunk bristled at her words, his frustration bubbling to the surface once more.

Dunk: "I am making an effort, Mom. It's not like I asked to move here."

Mrs. Natachai's expression softened, a hint of sadness in her eyes.

Mrs. Natachai: "Dunk, sweetheart, I think it's time you stepped outside and tried to make some new friends."

Dunk's fingers paused over the keyboard, his frustration bubbling to the surface once more.

Dunk: "I told you, Mom, I don't want to make new friends. I had friends back in Germany, real friends. I don't need anyone else."

Mrs. Natachai sighed, her expression one of exasperation mixed with concern.

Mrs. Natachai: "I know it's hard, Dunk, but isolating yourself won't make things any easier. You need to give Thailand a chance, to open yourself up to new experiences."

Dunk clenched his fists, his anger simmering just beneath the surface.

Dunk: "I don't want to give Thailand a chance! I want to go back to Germany, where I belong!"

Mrs. Natachai's eyes softened, a pang of sadness tugging at her heart.

Mrs. Natachai: "I understand that you miss your old life, Dunk. But we're here now, and we have to make the best of it. Please, try to be more open-minded."

Dunk's jaw tightened, his stubbornness warring with his mother's words. But deep down, he knew that she was right. He couldn't spend the rest of his days cooped up in his room, pining for a life that was no longer his.

With a heavy sigh, Dunk reluctantly pushed himself away from the computer and stood up, his resentment burning bright in his chest.

Dunk: "Fine, I'll go outside. But I'm not doing it for you, Mom. I'm doing it because I have to."

Mrs. Natachai smiled, a sense of relief washing over her.

Mrs. Natachai: "That's all I ask, Dunk. Now go on, have fun. And who knows? You might just meet someone who'll make Thailand feel a little more like home."

Dunk's expression softened slightly at his mother's words, a flicker of hope stirring within him. With a reluctant nod, he headed towards the door, ready to face the unknown with a sense of determination, even if his heart still ached for the life he had left behind.