ᴄʜ-14 ꜱʜᴀᴅᴏᴡꜱ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴜꜱᴘɪᴄɪᴏɴ

As Dunk stood frozen in the doorway, his eyes locked with Joong's, the sudden appearance of his mother broke the tense silence like a thunderclap.

Mrs. Natcahai emerged from the washroom, her expression stern as she took in the scene before her.

Mrs. Natachai: "Dunk, where have you been? You're late!"

Dunk's heart sank at the sound of his mother's voice, the weight of her disappointment settling heavily on his shoulders. But before he could respond, his thoughts were consumed by worry for his sister.

Dunk: "Mom, where's Dnie? Is she okay?"

Mrs. Natachai's brow furrowed with concern at Dunk's frantic question.

Mrs. Natachai: "Dnie? Oh, she's at her friend's house for a sleepover. She'll be back tomorrow morning."

Relief flooded through Dunk at his mother's words, the tension in his shoulders easing slightly. But as he turned back to Joong, his suspicions returned with a vengeance.

Dunk: "What's Joong doing here?"

His mother sighed, her expression softening slightly as she looked at Dunk.

Mrs. Natachai: "He came to ask about you. Since you weren't here, I let him in. And he even volunteered to help with the yard work."

Dunk's eyes widened in disbelief at his mother's words. Joong, offering to help with yard work? It was a gesture so out of character that Dunk couldn't help but feel a sense of unease creeping over him once again.

But as he looked at Joong, sitting quietly at the table, a flicker of doubt crossed Dunk's mind. Could it be possible that he had misjudged Joong all along? Or was there something more sinister lurking beneath the surface of his seemingly innocent facade?

Dunk's mind raced with questions as he turned to his mother, his gaze searching for answers.

Dunk: "But how did Joong not know I wasn't here? And how did he find out about the yard work?"

His mother hesitated for a moment, her expression thoughtful as she considered Dunk's questions.

Mrs. Natachai: "Well, I'm not sure, Dunk. He just showed up at the door asking for you. And when I mentioned the yard work, he offered to help right away."

Dunk's brow furrowed with suspicion at his mother's response. It seemed too convenient, too perfect. How could Joong have known about the yard work if Dunk hadn't told anyone? And why would he be so eager to help, especially when he had never shown any interest in chores before?

As Dunk pondered these questions, a sense of unease settled over him once again. There was something about Joong's sudden appearance that didn't sit right with him, something that whispered of hidden motives and ulterior motives.

But before Dunk could voice his concerns, his mother spoke again, her tone gentle but firm.

Mrs. Natachai: "Dunk, I know you have your reservations about Joong, but I think he's just trying to be helpful. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt, okay?"

Dunk nodded reluctantly, the weight of his mother's words pressing down on him like a heavy burden. But deep down, he couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to Joong's sudden appearance than met the eye.

Dunk's mother's voice broke through his thoughts, pulling him back to the present with a gentle but firm tone.

Mrs. Natachai: "Dunk, why don't you take Joong to your room? We can do the yard work tomorrow. It's a holiday, after all."

Dunk hesitated for a moment, torn between his unease about Joong and his desire to appease his mother. Reluctantly, he nodded his agreement, his mind already spinning with thoughts of how to handle the situation.

Dunk: "Alright, Mom. I'll take Joong upstairs."

But as Dunk turned to lead Joong upstairs, a chill ran down his spine at the sight that greeted him. Joong was already standing in the doorway of Dunk's room, his expression an unsettling mask of blankness.

Dunk's breath caught in his throat as he met Joong's gaze, the empty smile on his lips sending a shiver down Dunk's spine. It was a smile devoid of warmth or emotion, a chilling reminder of the darkness that lurked behind Joong's enigmatic facade.

Dunk: "Joong, what are you doing in my room?"

Joong's smile widened slightly, but there was something in his eyes that sent a jolt of fear through Dunk's veins. It was a look of hunger, of longing, that sent alarm bells ringing in Dunk's mind.

Joong: "I just wanted to see where you live, Dunk. Your room is so... cozy."

Dunk's heart pounded in his chest as he watched Joong's every move, a sense of foreboding settling over him like a heavy cloak. There was something about Joong's presence that filled Dunk with a sense of dread, a feeling that whispered of danger and darkness lurking just beneath the surface.