Plan

Summer's pov.

"You see, I found a prophecy."

Buck pointed at the tower. There was heard dramatic drumming. It was Crash and Eddie. Manny snatched the sticks from the possums.

"Do you mind?"

"Boy, he really sucks the fun out of everything. Doesn't he?", complained Crash.

"Fun sucker!"

I rolled my eyes and followed Buck. I looked down at my kids and stopped them.

"I think it's best, that you guys stay here.", I stated and, of course, Simba complained.

"What?!"

"Your mother's right.", spoke Diego, "Stay with Crash and Eddie."

Simba groaned and slumped down. I, Diego, and Slash walked up to Buck. Manny, Ellie, and Sid walked up as well.

"I read this tablet front to back.", started Buck, "And the story it tells is very disturbing. Every hundred million years or so, the world gets a cosmic cleansing. Before the dinosaurs, there were these horseshoe crab-looking thingies. Ugh! Yuck. Then, at the bottom of this mountain range, an asteroid hit. Boom! Bu-bye."

Buck looked like a maniac while telling us the story. However, the way he spoke seemed to get the tablets alive.

"Next, dinosaurs, mountain range, asteroid. Boom! Bu-bye.", continued Buck, "And coming up next, mammals. Mountain range, asteroid, boom! Bu-bye."

Eddie smiled, "Stupid mammals."

Crash and Eddie stood next to the tablet. Crash rolled his eyes and stated something, that made Eddie scream.

"That's us."

I looked back and saw Simba, Dexter, and Nala sitting a few feet from us. I sighed in relief. I looked back and saw Buck looking at the sky as if he was searching for something.

"Yep, and there she is.", stated Buck and pointed at the sky, "The mother of all asteroids screaming towards us. Even going underground won't save us this time."

Worry filled my eyes. I could see Slash shrink a bit. Diego was speechless, worry also noticeable in his eyes.

"Hey, that wasn't there before.", I spoke with a worried voice.

Slash hummed, "And look what it's doing to the sky."

"No worries.", stated Buck and grinned at us, "Because I've got a plan."

"Really?", questioned Manny.

"To stop an asteroid?", asked Diego in disbelief.

"Look, the last two asteroids have pummeled the Earth in the same spot. And it's about to happen again.", explained Buck and pointed at the mountain, "We've got to go there and see what's attracting the asteroid. Once we know why it's coming...we can figure out how to send it somewhere else."

Granny spoke up, "That plan is so dumb, I wish it had a face so I could smack it."

"Let me get this straight.", I spoke in an angry voice, "Instead of running away from a deadly asteroid...you want us to run directly towards it?!"

"I know it sounds suboptimal, but the good news is...it'll kill us no matter where we go.", stated Buck and grinned.

"Well, that's reassuring.", commented Slash.

I glared at him, "Shut up!"

Now I knew my kids heard that. I noticed them coming towards us. I sighed and they sat next to me. I softly smiled.