Chapter 24 - A child?

Start from the beginning

"Dame Devilania, it seems that the amount of demonic monsters miraculously decreased."

"...I'll set up a trap for the remaining demonic monsters. But please, be careful."

"I'll leave it to you."

Devilania set up an array of wires, trapping the high-ranking demonic monsters in one place. While some moved and immediately died, the rest used their survival instincts and stayed in place waiting for the right moment.

With the array of wires now set up, Deon ran to the horde of monsters and summoned dozens of rock spears, aiming them at the demonic monster's weak point while luring the others into the clusters of wires that Devilania had set up just a moment ago.

***

"..We've completely wiped out half of the demonic monsters... You can put them away now."

Devilania nodded and put away the clusters of wires that were once hanging around slicing up demonic monsters hesitantly. She didn't know why Sir Arut wanted to put away the trap set up but did so anyway.

However, she was unaware of the next ongoing events that would happen. Of course, Deon knew that Syllua the 7th Corps commander would eventually come even if he didn't call the Demon King through Ben. That was because he saw someone run back a while ago as they exited the carriage.

"Sir Arut! Behind you-"

Kieeekkk!

With a loud shriek, the demonic monster behind Deon immediately fell with a dagger in its head. A blonde woman appeared right in front of Devilania and looked straight at Deon who kept a stoic face that seemed cold.

"Sir Arut! I'm here, were you expecting me?"

"..."

"Oh, is it the other Sir Arut this time?!"

"You seem to know a lot about me."

Deon stood still and looked at Syllua coldly as she circulated around him excitedly. He knew that she was one of the corps commanders who knew he had a split personality.

"Oh? This is new side of Sir Arut, I haven't seen this side to him when he was rational."

'What a crazy ass.'

"No reply, that's disappointing...
Oh well, go attack the demonic monsters!"

After a few minutes when the demonic monsters had successfully been wiped out or fled away, Deon covered his mouth, he noticed that the recoil was about to happen since he used the Super Rock for a fairly long period of time.

Turning around, Deon headed towards a nearby tree and coughed up a lesser amount of blood than he usually would as Cale Henituse.

"Sir Arut- are you okay? The necklace lit up!"

"I'm fine."

Thanks to the amount of blood he got on him from the demonic monsters, the blood leaking from Deon's mouth wasn't as noticeable. Though Deon noticed that Syllua kept looking at him or giving side glances ever since she had arrived here.

"Dame Devilania... Has Sir Arut ever had hair this long?"

"Ah... well, I'm not sure either..."

Truthfully, Devilania had never seen Sir Arut with long hair in the past two years she had met him. But it didn't really matter since he was still their Zeroth Corps Commander, and she also had fun dressing him up. And she would proudly admit this again.

"Ah! We better get going to the second city now. I guess this is where our paths will diverge from now Dame Syllua."

"...The Tenth Corps Commander..."