My sun in the day, my moon in the night

It was a normal day in smiling valley(that's what I'm calling it until further notice) and a certain Lilac-colored feline was hanging out, sitting under a tree. He was waiting for his best friend in all of smiling valley, a particular Orange-furred canine. They'd agreed to meet under their favorite tree, because Catnap had wanted to discuss something privately, without their other friends knowing.

The two of them had an interesting history.
When Nap had first met Dogday, he was pretty intimidated by him. Day was a very extroverted guy, and his go-getter attitude didn't really mesh well with Nap's relaxed and quiet demeanor. However, when he'd really gotten to know him, he liked him a lot more. He was really sweet and friendly to him and he respected when he needed alone time. Over time, the two had bonded to the point of becoming best friends, hopefully forever.

Looking at the sun in the sky, Nap sighed happily...Day was as precious to him as the sunlight.

"Catnap!"
Think of the hellhound and he doth appear.

Nap smiled as he looked at his friend, waving hello. "How ya doin?" Day asked, sitting down next to him. Nap gave him a thumbs up. "Good." Day responded.
"So what did ya want to talk about?"

Nap got a bit nervous. The something that he wanted to tell him was a deep secret that he'd kept to himself for a while now.
He raised his hands up and began to sign. 'Oh, it's nothing special, I just thought we could have some one-on-one time together.' he signed. 'It's been a while since it's just been you and me, you know'

Day nods. "Oh yea, that's true..." he giggles. "Usually we hang out with all the others, don't we?" Nap nods. 'I've missed you.' he signs, smiling. "Aww." Day says, throwing an arm around Nap's shoulders. "I've missed ya too!" Nap smiles, gently leaning his head on Day's shoulder.

The two sat and watched the sky for an hour or so, Day pointing out all the clouds and what they resembled, and Nap snuggled happily against him.

But when the sun began to set in the early evening sky, Catnap suddenly remembered the true reason he'd asked to come here.

He gently removed Day's shoulder. 'Day?' Day looks at him. "Yeah?" Nap gets up. 'Um... there's something I need to tell you.' he signed. Day tilts his head. "Oh? What's that?" He says, getting up as well and facing him.

Nap takes a deep breath, slowly raising his hand.
He sticks his pinky, thumb and index finger out, keeping his middle one down.

Day tilts his head, recognizing the symbol. "You love me?" He asked, a little confused. Nap closes his eyes, nodding.

"Oh." Day smiles. "Thanks! I love you too." Nap opens his eyes, blushing a bit. 'Really?' Day nods. "Yeah!" He says, his tail wagging. "You're my best friend, and I don't know what I'd do without you."

Nap saddens, sinking down a bit. 'No, that's not what I meant.' He signs. Day looks more confused, tilting his head. "Well what do you mean then?"

Nap gives a silent sigh. 'I mean like... in the 'I want to hug you, and kiss you, and never let you go,' kind of way...' he signs, blushing.

Day still looks confused for a bit, then realizes, his face and ears turning red.
"O-oh."

Nap nods, putting his hands down.

Day smiles, still blushing. "I see."

Nap nervously looks away, holding his arm.

Day steps closer. "Well then..." he says as he gently takes Nap's shoulders. "Let me repeat myself."

Nap nervously looks into Day's eyes, shaking a little bit.

"Thanks..." Day says sweetly.
"I love you too."

Nap's whole face turns pink as Day kisses him, his tail wagging.
He was frozen for a moment, but eventually gave in, melting into the kiss and gently putting his hands on Day's back, his own tail bending into the shape of a heart. The two little animals kissed for a long time, their hearts beating in perfect sync.

When Nap finally pulls back, he looks deeply into Day's eyes. 'Do... Do you really mean that?' he signs. Day giggles. "Of course I do." He says, giving Nap's nose a little lick. "We go together like the sun in the day and the moon in the night." Nap smiles softly, hugging him. Day hugs back, then hears Nap whisper something, his voice barely loud enough to hear.

"T-thank you."

Day giggles and gently nuzzles Nap's neck. "You're welcome kitty."