Chapter 48: The Faring Off The Villians

Start from the beginning

That was something she was hoping to ask him.

"Ah, yes how did it go with him? I see you're still alive" (Aneria, asked)

She teased him as if he was a brother who surprisingly had achieved something so simple.

'Anger vein'

"It went well if not I wouldn't be standing here" (Koran, said)

He bickered on as he drank his tea in front of her so unlady-like.

'Gaze'

She gave him a certain stare, she knew he hadn't even shown himself.

'Put down'

He put down the teacup.

"Of course are you crazy do you think I'd show my face to that bastard King? I'm the leader of the top assains he could never get me to show my face in his presence unless I want to show it myself I simply sent one of my trusted subordinates" (Koran, said)

"I can't say that I wasn't worried that he might die right and there but his specialty is escaping from sight" (Koran, said)

'Yeah what a specialty' (Aneria's inner thoughts)

She was not impressed.

"It gave me a little to work on...so ancient scrolls dam where do you come up with such thing your lucky our premises are impossible to find" (Koran, said)

'I don't have a clue how she found our hideout so I have to give it to her...this woman is to perceptive' (Koran's inner thoughts)

'I have no clue what she's up to especially with the job she assigned me...what is she planning to do?' (Koran's inner thoughts)

'Raise'

Aneria raised her tea cup elegantly closing her eyes and letting the tea gulp down her throat.

'Open'

"It was resolved wasn't it?" (Aneria, asked)

'....' (Koran)

She didn't ask rudely more like she had given him praise by managing to handle the situation well.

"It was until he asked to hire more assassins" (Koran, said)

'It was Dofan who had accepted his request without telling me, an assassin cannot take it back if the money was used, that dam bastard I had to drag my ass to do a job from that bastard King' (Koran's inner thoughts)

'He really wanted to do another job, that man I'd never accept anything from him' (Koran's inner thoughts)

"It was a refusal that he didn't like so my man simply fled and nothing more is not like I'm worried you have a very strong husband I heard he killed many monsters or people so the King wouldn't recklessly try it upfront and you won't let your friends lover die right?" (Koran, asked)

'Ha, would you look at that' (Aneria's inner thoughts)

Now he was switching for his own convenience.

So much for the words he had sputed before.

She scoffed amazed that this man was also taking advantage of their partnership.

Although he wasn't wrong no matter how they looked at it the King has such a strong force if Koran's guild became his target no matter how strong he and his assains partners were they would simply be annihilated so Koran himself was already risking a lot.

That is why he didn't want to mess or be involved with the King for the time being.

It didn't mean that he didn't have it out for his throat as well but it would be like looking at a tiny ant and a giant then the difference was obvious.