[Animal Farm] // 🐷Dinnerella🐷

Napoleon (the dictator) x Minimus (the poet)

A true retelling of George Orwell's "Animal Farm", based off of Walt Disney's Cinderella

                                                                                     🐷><🐷

Once upon a time, in a far off land, there resided a tiny farm. It rested on the outskirts of the English countryside. Over the years the quaint, humble farmland revolutionized itself. Slowly, what once was a simple human run plot morphed into a monopolized empire built upon strong discipline, and one pig to rule it all. But of course, a king cannot rule without his queen, and a queen is what Napoleon now desired most.

But not every animal could be a queen, oh no. Napoleon needed someone special, someone cunning, and just as intelligent as himself. He needed an equal to rule at his side. Yet, despite all the options, he couldn't quite bring himself to choose anyone. Something had to be done, thought his partner in crime, Squealer. He saw the necessity of a queen. Indeed, something had to be done...and fast...

-

Early in the morning someone was awake in the Pig Mansion, (it was really a barn with a few extra pieces of wood), and awake this stranger was, as from the early hours of morning he worked and toiled. Minimus hums quietly to himself, placing a few rags into a bucket of muddy water. Meticulously he picked up each piece of cloth and dipped it into the sludge, shaking it before tossing the thing into a "clean" pile. He sighed, turning his attention to the rising sun.

Oh my! Minimus gasped, I don't have much time...

Quickly the pig set aside the pile before trotting back into the "mansion". He had almost forgotten to make breakfast! How disastrous that could have been! Minimus was always working his absolute hardest. The grueling labor assigned to him by the other pigs had worn and withered him down. Ever since his old master, Mr. Jones, disappeared to never return again, the place was quickly taken over by Snowball. He had never been too fond of Minimus before, always favoring all other pigs over him. It wasn't until Jones was completely gone until Snowball's true feelings really came to light. Without Jones, Minimus was subjugated to the true unchecked hatred of his brother.

And so he was resigned to play housemaid. All manual tasks thought to be below the other fell upon him. Tirelessly Minimus worked to cook, clean, and serve on a daily basis. Oh how he wished his life could be different, even for just a day...

Minimus sighed, dragging the sack of apples from the shed and upwards into the higher levels of the barn. By now some of the pigs had already arisen, yawning and stretching in the sun's golden glow. They scowled and snickered as Minimus passed them. Dinnerella, they called him.

"Dinnerella! Bring me my breakfast now!" They would chant the nickname over and over again like a curse. It was the only thing they'd refer to him. Whenever he'd ask why, they laughed as they explained, the only thing he could ever amount to in life is becoming someone's delicious dinner.

-

At exactly 12-o-clock sharp a faint thud could be heard by the windowsill. Minimus, who had been practicing his poetry, glanced over, seeing a small black crow. The bird squawked shrilly,

"I am Moses of Sugar Candy Mountain, and I carry News, immense News! His Greatness Napoleon is in search of a partner. Any eligible animal is invited to attend this evening's ball at Manor Farm to meet him!" He caws one last time before flapping away. Not before Snowball, and every other pig in the barn, had heard the entire thing. All the pigs squealed in excitement,