[Raisin in the Sun] // 💞Karl Linder x Willy Harris💞

(They swindled the money, then each other's hearts)

Linder ran fast. His breathes were long and labored, and his legs felt heavy, but he would not stop. He could not stop. He ran even faster, faster than what should be humanly possible. He was so tired, but nothing could stop him. This was a matter of true love.

The sun was setting now, giving way to night. Vibrant, bright colors splashed across the sky. The last of the sun cast a golden glow over the rough sand of the desert, (if you couldn't tell, he's in the desert). Linder heaved a big breath, stopping momentarily. He bent over, gulping air like ever breath would be his last. His heart was pounding audibly. He wiped his sweaty brow with the back of his hand, smoothing his hair back in the process.

He was mad. So unbelievably totally mad. The things he had done. The things that would be done....

He almost couldn't breathe. Each breath was even harder than the last, and now it wasn't just because of the run. Linder had to keep going, he had to. His only salvation was only a few short thousand miles away. He had to. He had to. He had to.

Only one step.

He only made it one more step before he completely collapsed, a giant heaving, sobbing mess. What had he done? Snot and tears ran down his face as he laid there, unmoving. It was useless. It was all over now. None of it was worth it. The best thing he could do was turn around, go home, and cry and weep like the pathetic little coward he was.

It took a good few minutes before Linder made any move to get up. He went on his knees and elbows before pushing upward, hosting his frame up into a standing position. He swayed momentarily, before regaining his wits about him. Just when he was about to turn around and give it all up, something caught his eye. Suddenly, a giant glowing radiant ball of light blinded him, covering everything in the area in a sheet of white. Linder had to squint to avoid being blinded all together.

"There's no way.." He whispered. He stumbled forward, almost falling again in the process. He took another step. Then another, and another. Two, three, ten steps towards the glowing radiance. A second sun, that's what this was. Salvation. The one and only thing he had left in the world. The one thing that made everything worth it. Suddenly, scamming the Youngers out of everything they'd ever owned was okay. Everything would be okay now. If he could just-

"Sup, babe" Willy Harris' deep voice boomed. His figure was a black blob against the glowing aura he emitted. It looked like he came straight out of some cheap Netflix romcom. He looked exactly like he just stole some child's insurance money, and Linder loved it. He sprinted forward, right into Willy's open arms. He cried tears of happiness into his big chest.

"It's okay, babe, I'm here now" Willy soothed, "And I'm never leaving"

"Y-you mean it?" sniffled Linder

"Of course, we have that family's money now, right?"

"Y-yes.... But.... Oh, Willy, I feel horrid! What I did to that family... I robbed them of all they had! They had a little child too... what's he gonna do?"

"Shh, shh, it's okay baby. The kid was annoying anyway. And it doesn't matter now, because we're rich"

"B-but at what cost..?"

"Listen, I was too scared to tell you this earlier, but..." Willy scratched the back of his head sheepishly, "The real reason why I wanted us to scam the money... and the reason why I brought you all the way out here... I was wondering... would you.... Would you maybe wanna run away together? And start a new life?"

Linder gasped and big gasp, "Oh Willy! You don't mean that do you..?"

"I do, in fact, I want to ask you something else." He got down on one knee, taking a tiny box out of his pocket, "Karl Linder, love and crook of my life, will you marry me?" He opened the box to reveal a cheap claw machine dinosaur ring.

"How did you know green was my favorite color?!"

"I know everything about you, baby. So, will you marry me?"

"YES, YES!!! A THOUSAND TIME YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Linder squealed, jumping up and down clapping his hands. They kiss passionately, lips intertwining.

"I LOVE YOU!!" Yelled Linder

"I LOVE YOU TOO!!!!"

Willy sweeps Linder up in his strong arms and they walk off into the sunset together, living happily every after.

El Fin