Chapter 6: A Lonely Boy

(Tw: minors using weed, mention of deppression and ed.)

[Sal]

After they told the princable their part of separating the two they didn't get in trouble because they weren't technically a part of the fight.

They then left the princables office and they decided to go to their fourth period. For the rest of the day Sal was worried about the both of them mostly Travis though. He was a bit angry at what Larry did. He didn't know what Larry said to cause everything, but he knew it must have been bad because it isn't like Travis' immediate reaction to fight somebody.

Before Sal even realized it was after school and he was in front of Travis' house after talking to Donomic. He was scared to ring the doorbell, but he did it. He heard a muffled voice say "I'm coming!"

The door opened and Sal immediately saw Travis. Travis looked really hot to Sal. He wasn't wearing a shirt all he was wearing was a pair of black basketballs shirt and even then it hung lowly on his waist so you could see his v line making Sal a red mess under the prosthetic. Travis still had a black eye forming and a busted lip. He had dark hair that was dripping water onto his body making Sal feel hot and suffocated. Travis had a few more scars scattered over his chest and stomach. Travis was leaning against the door way with his arm. The same arm that had a shakily done snake on his wrist. Sal thought that was interesting.

"Hey, what's up?" Travis asked. "Nothing, I just wanted to make sure you are ok and if you wanna hang out." Sal said as if he wasn't pretty much drooling over the teen a second ago. Travis let him in. Sal felt nervous for some reason. He calmed himself down and decided to ask what had been on his mind. "What is the snake tattoo for?" Sal said while pointing to his wrist. Travis didn't really show it, but he was a bit sad by this question. "I just think snakes are really cool." Travis said lying. Sal nodded. "Alright well what do you wanna do?" Sal asked. "We can go to my room." Travis said as he led Sal to his room. Sal for some reason was flustered thinking about all the things that could happen even though most of them wouldn't even happen.

They went into Travis' room and Sal thought it was pretty cool. He looked over on Travis' bed and saw his letters. Sal felt a weird warmth knowing Travis kept his letter even if he didn't know it was him. "What's that?" Sal asked as if he didn't already know. "Oh, someone wrote these to me I am currently trying to figure out who wrote them." Travis said then moved them somewhere else before plopping on the bed. "You wanna smoke?" Travis asked Sal. "Do you just smoke all the time?" Sal asked genuinely worried. "Nah, I usually write or play my guitar, but I am just tired and wanna smoke." Travis said before getting up to go to his sock drawer. Sal knew by the way he was talking he wasn't just physically tired. He got the blunt out and lit it up. They passed it around and before they knew it, it was gone.

They were both stoned. Sal was sitting upright also next to Travis which was laying om his bed. He watched Travis and Travis had a look on his face that said more then words. He was very tired. "Hey, how are you doing?" Sal asked. "Yeah, I'm doing good." Travis mumbled. Sal looked at him and said "I mean really. How are you doing?" Something in the way he said that made Travis break.

Tears slipped down Travis' face quietly. "I don't know dude. The last time it got this bad was when I was thirteen. I can just feel it all coming back. I just want a break, you know?" Travis said not giving Sal really any details. Sal nodded "Yeah I get it. Do you wanna tell me more?" Sal asked "I don't usually vent, but I trust you Sal." Travis replied sweetly.

Travis layed his head on Sal's lap and Sal played with his hair. Travis loved it. He leaned into Sal's touch enjoying it as he vented. "I just remember some stuff like leaving my sister. I love my sister so much. I didn't know what I would do without her. I just feel like she probably hates me, I mean who wouldn't?" Travis said his words breaking Sal's heart. "I don't hate you. I actually like you a lot. I think you are a great friend." Sal said and the last sentence felt more like a clarification. Travis looked up and smiled "Thank you blueberry. I think you are a great friend as well." Travis said. Sal was glad Travis thought he was a good friend, but he was more hurt by his words then comforted by them.