Chapter thirteen

Sorry for delaying so much. But my exams and some other personal things are taking a toll on me. I lost motivation and my mind would go blank the moment I sit to write, even after knowing what I have to write. But putting all that behind, I finally got this done and here it is. Thank you for being patient with me. And what do you think about Siddhant's Pov?

Happy reading!

~~~

Siddhant's POV

After taking a refreshing shower and donning fresh attire, I finally reclined on the bed, exhaling a sigh of contentment.

Today has been remarkably delightful. A soft chuckle escapes my lips as I mentally replay the events of the evening.

Flashback.

"Stay still, Ishika. I need to buckle your seatbelt," I insist, wrestling with the stubborn buckle.

"But I don't wanna goooo!!!" She whines, her protests echoing in the car. "I just wanna dance and dance and dance."

"Fine. Dance all you want," I relent, finally securing her seatbelt.

With her door closed, I return to my seat and begin driving.

After barely a minute of driving, Ishika reaches for the music system, and guess what's the first song that plays?

"Daddy let me know that I'm your only girl
The only man that I need in this gangster world
Is you
And I wouldn't trade it."

She sings along, her voice not the most melodious, but I could listen to it forever. And I wouldn't trade it.

I could feel my cheeks flushing as a wave of heat coursed through my veins. Her attire wasn't making things any easier, especially with her bare thighs tempting me to reach out and caress them gently and-

Pull yourself together, Siddhant Joshi!

As soon as the next song, "Unholy," started playing, I swiftly turned off the music system. What kind of songs did I add to my playlist, and when did I add them?

The moment the music stopped, Ishika began to whine, but then fell silent.

Suddenly, like a switch had been flipped, she started talking. She went on about how I had ruined her already dull date and how the guy was handsome but dumb.

As the conversation shifted to Taylor Swift songs and beyond, I found myself unable to resist the urge to listen to her all night long. So, I parked the car on the side of the road and turned to look at her, giving her my undivided attention.

She didn't even notice that the car had stopped and kept talking, completely absorbed in her chatter. I couldn't help but feel grateful for her unawareness. Seeing her talk like this, it warmed my heart in a way I couldn't quite explain.

I gazed at her, my eyes unwavering, afraid to blink for even a second, for fear of missing a single moment of her beauty.

She's always been the prettiest girl, the most beautiful sight to behold. I admire how she embraces her simplicity with unwavering confidence. What captivates me the most is her fearless assurance in her own simplicity, never allowing the opinions of others to sway her.

"I love how she's speaking like old times," I think to myself, savoring the familiarity of her voice as if nothing has changed, as if we're still back there, walking in circles at our usual meeting spot.

"Ayse kyu dekh rahe mujhe?" Ishika's question pulls me out of my thoughts.
(Why are you looking at me like this?)

"Kaise?" I ask back, raising one eyebrow in curiosity.
(How?)

She leans towards me, "Jaise ki aap.." she slurs, "..meri bakbak jeevan bhar sunna chahte hai." And laughs.
(Like you want to listen to me all your life.)

I lean closer towards her, locking eyes, and whisper, "Kaash itni bakbak tum roz karo, jeevan safal ho jayega mera." My eyes and heart brimming with admiration.
(I wish you could talk this much every day, my life would be successful.)

She leans back, laughing heartily, her head thrown back. Never in my entire life have I witnessed such a beautiful sight.

God, I'm hopelessly in love. With her. With Ishika Sharma.

I smile at the thought, though I wouldn't call it a beautiful realization. Because deep down, I've always known this. Despite all the changes over the years, both in her and in me, my love for her has remained steadfast.

It's always been her. It will always be her.

My first and last love. Even if she never gives me another chance, my feelings will never waver.

And in this moment as I see her, falling asleep. I knew, I would go to any length to protect her. To keep her safe and guarded.

By the time we reached home, Ishika was deep asleep. Parking the car, I get out and walk towards her side, opening the door, I unbuckle her seat and pick her up in my arms in bridal style.

Nitya opens the gate for us and I give her a small nod before walking upstairs, followed by her. I called her up before reaching home and gave her a heads up about the situation.

As I put Ishika on her bed, a soft sigh escapes her mouth. Must be because of the uncomfortable position in the car's seat.

Covering her up with the duvet, I turn to look at Nitya. Worry clearly visible in her face.

"Hey, she'll be fine. Just give her lemonade first thing in the morning when she wakes up." I tell her. She only nods.

Giving Ishika one last look. I walk out.

Flashback ends.

The loud knocking on my door jolts me awake from my sleep. What's wrong with people here? They just have to ruin my morning.

As the person at the door continues banging relentlessly, I grumble and reluctantly leave my bed. I trudge towards the door, ready to give whoever it is a piece of my mind. But the moment I swing the door open, all my thoughts vanish in an instant.

For I see the most innocent face looking up at me with her doe eyes, and I melt like ice. But I keep my face straight.

As she watches me look at her with a blank expression, she pushes past me and walks inside, leaving me utterly shocked. This girl never ceases to amaze me.

~~~

Thank you for reading!

Please vote and comment down your thoughts.