War

19/11/23

17:22

War has always been a thing of the past, to me at least; something to read about in history textbooks and curse at all the numerous locations, dates and names I'd have to remember for my exam. And because the only major wars we ever studied about happened such a long time ago, I've never really given much thought to the philosophy of it- never much bothered to care about the casualties or moral implications. 

Like any other sane person of the free world, I despised war and advocated against violence and mindless killing, but never on a deeply personal level. Not until now.

But now, I'm afraid I can't remain so apathetic anymore.  

There's war everywhere I see. And even though it's not happening here, in my country, and doesn't really affect the functioning of my life in any material way, it's still hard not to see what's so obvious. It's all over the news. I can't live under a rock. I can't not acknowledge the chaos that some parts of our world have descended into. 

And it's been making me feel so angry. Indignant and helpless. 

It's so pointless- war. 

So so pointless. 

Why can't people just-

live and let live? 

Why can't humans act more humane

My heart goes out for all those people suffering. 

I wish there was something more I could do other than typing furiously into my computer. 

20/11/23

19:03

I'm so sickened by war.

It's just so heart-wrenching and so obvious in its iniquity and cruelty and why isn't anyone doing anything?

I still remember, during the onset of war, I remember thinking- so, so naively- that no way is this going to be a full out war, we're way too civilized and developed for that- it's the fucking 21st century. I don't know what I thought war was- maybe I thought it'd happen in- in courtrooms and boardrooms and offices and the economies of the world. I don't know. 

I don't know

 But now, it's here, and it's overwhelming in its brutality. 

I read all these numbers, the death toll.

It's someone's reality out there.

It's my reality. 

People are dying.

Why is it always the innocent people who suffer?

It's always the same story. 

Countries fight, organizations fight, Governments fight, and it's always the innocent people who die. 

History keeps repeating itself and we're all apparently too dumb to notice and do something about it. 

Just do something.

Every war has one constant pattern- people end up dying.

So many of them, innocents. So many who don't deserve what they got. 

I hate war. Despise it with every fiber of my being. 

Why does there always have to be mindless bloodshed? Why is it always the blameless people who suffer? 

If you want to fight and wage a war, then go ahead, kill yourselves, kill amongst yourselves.

I'm not talking about humanity here, I'm talking about justice. 

These people have nothing to do with the war, and they're being killed, and no one seems to care enough to do anything about it. 

Ever notice how it's always the ones who have the least to do with the war who are the most to suffer from it?