S2 E0: Revenge Of The Spider Queen (part 1)

The cemetery opens to MK and Monkey King are fighting in the Monkey King's training grounds.

MK: "You call this a training session? I've barely broken a sweat."

Sun Wukong: "A battle's no place to be arrogant, you gotta stay humble."

MK: "Says you?"

He fights and puts Monkey King near the edge.

MK: "Hah, who's gotta be humble now?"

Sun Wukong: "Hmm. Still you."

Monkey King kicks the staff off of MK. The Golden Staff launches to the mountain, forming rocks.

MK: "Oh boy."

The rocks fall on MK before Monkey King lands and pulls MK out with his tail.

Sun Wukong: "Ok, class commencing, how'd I win?"

MK: "Uh, you buried me under a rock slide?"

Sun Wukong: "Yes, but why were you standing in the way of a rock slide?"

MK: "'Cause you put me there!"

Sun Wukong: "No, no, no, no, no, no. I got you where I wanted you by putting myself where you wanted me, it's called *dramatic pose with his arms* misdirection."

MK: "Seems like a shady lesson."

Sun Wukong: "Too soon, buddy."

MK: "Ugh, I'm never gonna be as good as you."

Sun Wukong: "Not with that attitude. Class dismissed!"

MK: "Yes! I better hit it, I was supposed to meet Liù and the others for the fes-"

Monkey King throws a pillow at MK while he sets up for the New Year's.

MK: "Hey! Whoa. How long have you been preparing this?"

Sun Wukong: "Come on, it's New Year's, bud. Let's watch the fireworks.

MK: "Oh, love to but I really should get back to my... friends."

Monkey King looks back towards the sky. MK sighs and then sits down with him.

MK: "Sure."

In Megapolis, people are celebrating the New Year's. Mei is helping fold the dumplings at Pigsy's Noodles.

Mei: "I feel like this would be easier if I had fingers."

Pigsy: "*hands a bowl to someone* Thank you! Great happiness and prosperity this Lunar New Year!"

Boarus: "I hope you enjoyed your fill in your appetite!"

Tang: "Mei, is it just me or does Pigsy and Boarus seem more.. stressed than normal? Isn't MK and Liù meant to be working today?"

Pigsy: "YES TANG THEY ARE!! WHERE IS THOSE PUNKS CAUSE THEY SURE AIN'T HERE!!!"

Mei: "He's training with the Monkey King. He said, 'New year! New MK! I'm gonna take my training to a whole new level!' *demonstrated with a broom*

Tang: "Wow."

Boarus: "But what about Liù?! Was she meant to be here to?!"

Tang: "You know, now that you mentioned it. She said, 'I'm doing a last minute delivery, be back soon.'"

Pigsy: "Give me that! *snatches the broom and breaks it in two* 'New year, new MK.' Keep going like this, he's gonna be newly unemployed! I mean it! If MK don't get here soon-!"