S2 E1: Sleep Bug

The scene opens to the Silken Web Cave, Spider Queen tears up her lab in rage. The Spider Demons and Zhizhu watch, seeming uncomfortable.

Spider Queen: "I had the Monkey King's power! The city was mine! And I still lost."

Mysterious Child: "My Queen, you will have your revenge. Now that we have the Trigram Furnace, it is time to take the next step towards your destiny."

Zhizhu: "And how is that supposed to help us? Actually better question, What even is that?"

Mysterious Child: "The first of six powerful items that we will need. It must be retrieved from the Cloud."

Syntax: "The Cloud? My Queen, allow me to break in and bring you this item."

Spider Queen: "Oh really. And just how are you gonna do that?"

Syntax opens a holoprojection map of the Cloud.

Syntax: "The Cloud is a labyrinth of information, an unrivaled collection of knowledge guarded by fearsome beings who cannot be overcome by brute strength or the ability to follow footprints in mud."

Huntsman and Zhizhu glare at him.

Syntax: "However it is connected to all the technology in the world. Therefore I can exploit it. *opens the app store* Has anyone heard the story of the Sleep Bug?"

Across Megapolis, an advertisement for the "Sleepy Bug" app appears across phones and screens. At Pigsy's Noodles, Mei looks to her phone.

Pigsy: "That's it! I'm cutting ya' off until ya' clear this tab!"

Mei: "Sleep Bug?

She opens the game on her phone before the scene fades to Flower Fruit Mountain, MK watches as Monkey King packs a suitcase and Liù trying to get her phone back from the monkeys because they stole it.

MK: "Whatta you mean vacation?"

His phone buzzes and looks to see the Sleep Bug. He ignores it and throws the phone offscreen.

Sun Wukong: "Come on bud. I promised myself when I found a successor I'd go see some friends, take a tour of my old stomping grounds, just cut loose y'know. Ooh gonna need these."

He puts on a pair of sunglasses.

MK: "But you can't just leave! What if some one attacks the city. What if the Spider Queen comes back?!"

Sun Wukong: "Ah, you'll figure it out. It's adorable how nervous you are. But don't be! You've come a long way! And you know, *poses and does a deep voice* the next step of your journey you must do alone."

They both stare for a moment, while background noises can be heard of Liù still trying to get her phone back.

MK: "Alone?"

Sun Wukong: "But don't worry! You won't be 'alone' alone, you'll have that emo girl with you! I'll check in, give you and that emo girl some training tools, remote lessons, ah we'll figure it out. You'll both do great. Don't worry! Monkey King out!"

He blasts away on his cloud, creating a hole in the wall.

MK: "Fine! J-just leave! At least my friends and Liù will never abandon me!"

He turns to see Liù, who is jumping and waving her hand and she tries to reach the monkeys as they are sitting up on a bolder.

Liù: "*groans in frustration* Give me back my phone you jerks! I don't have time to indulge in your childish games!"