Chapter : 25 His Glasses

Holi is coming in three days and it's their first Holi after marriage. Sunaina and Gayatri are very excited about the upcoming festival and they are very busy in the preparations. The household is bustling with excitement and joy. Himanshu is in his regular mood which is angry and grumpy. Manisha tries to appear happier and smiles at everyone. She is tense from inside as her GATE result is announced to be declared one day before Holi. She is very much tensed about her result as she prepared very well but her exams didn't go according to her wish. So, she is panicking a lot and trying her best to hide her emotions.

After the sweet incident of feeding sweets, they didn't talk much to each other and continued behaving as before because all this is very new and somewhat shocking to Manisha, and Himanshu is too proud and egoistic to talk and share. So, it's become normal now, to behave normally in other's presence and avoid each other when they are alone.

But there is a little tweak in this situation, they both are silently observing each other.

Himanshu has seen that Manisha does not eat green chilly and tries to avoid it, how her lower lip comes out when she is focused on her work, that she is a little messy, and not only does she smiles and praises other people but things too, like he has seen her complimenting her laptop, thanking her books and also the pots, flower and chair too. He has also seen her kissing her pen once.

Manisha has observed that he is very particular about his things like he keeps all his stuff in a particular order and arranges it at the end of the day even when he is very tired, also he does not share his feelings and problems. She has seen him tired, angry and stressed but never complaining. Now she knows that when he is having a headache, he removes his glasses and messages his forehead a little but continues working, when his eyes are paining he just puts eye drops in them and continues working and when his neck and body become stiff, he stretches while reviewing his work. He does not leave his work. She has also noticed that he speaks very little and does not like to repeat himself and gets angry when people don't obey him. He is very short-tempered. He is also very strict with his diet and workout routine. He eats bitter things like dark chocolate, black coffee and bitter gourd juice, he boxes a lot and that keeps him somewhat sane, she thinks.

Manisha now knows that he hates when someone messes up his clothes or when his things are not in order. She is surprised to see that he has more skincare than her, he follows 7 step skincare routine diligently, uses different products for day and night, for face, body and head whereas she just only have a facewash, moisturizer, lip balm and a bottle of coconut oil.

Today is another normal day, everyone is in their respective rooms.

Evening Time

Manisha had some rest after having lunch. There is some time in preparation of evening tea. Manisha thought of revising yesterday's assignment and when she was just about to take out her books and notebooks, She noticed that Himanshu's table is messed up. She thought it to be weird as he was a cleanliness freak, according to her. She laughed at her own thoughts and proceeds to arrange it. She is organizing his desk and thinking in-between as how he keeps his things and to do it in a similar way. In this process, she wears his glasses and tries to mimic his actions.

At this moment, she is arranging things and giggling on her own, finding joy in her work.

Himanshu is back from his office to prepare for a formal dinner, that he has to attend today. After reaching home, he greets his Grandma and also finds his mother there. He finds it odd to not find Manisha, but doesn't question it. He goes to his room.

When he opens the door and about to enter, he spots her at his desk. He was about to stop her from touching his things, but his steps halts when he finds her smiling on her own. He finds her smile soothing. Her delicate movements, the soft floral saree hugging her curvy figure, her thick hair in a messy braid, the music of her bangles, it all creates a spell on him. He finds something happening in his stomach, as if a wave of happiness, passed through him.

This spell attracts him to her and his feet are moving on their own. When he reached besides her, she notices his presence. She panicked thinking he will not like her touching his stuff.

Manisha : Wo..wo Your table was messy, so I..I thought to..

Himanshu is enjoying her nervousness. He is finding it cute.

Manisha : I thought to..to arrange it...

Himanshu is looking at her or drinking her looks. She is still having his screen glasses on which are looking adorable, according to him. The soft floral saree hugging her curves, her loose braid with little hair strands flowing, her flushed cheeks, her nervousness and his screen glasses on her, the combination he finds, Oh so deadly.

Manisha : I..I am going to...to make tea. (takes fast steps to leave from his line of vision)

Himanshu : Wait

Manisha halts her steps.

Himanshu comes near her.

Manisha looks at him and finds him very near to her. She has questions but her nervousness is not allowing her to address them.

Himanshu comes near her, so near that their feet are almost touching. Manisha is looking down.

Himanshu : Manisha

Manisha : Y..Yes

Himanshu : Aren't you forgetting something ?

Manisha : Me ? (she tries to think)

Himanshu removes his glasses from her face.

Himanshu : This.

Manisha gets embarrassed and practically runs from there.

Himanshu laughs at her antics.