Chapter :2 "Is it really HER"

When she blinked her eyes the lady which was calling her "Mummy ji" stood up and took my hands in her hand and said, "Thank you so much. You are really an angel. I cannot thank you enough for saving my mother-in-law. I am indebted. Thanks again. God bless you, bacche." (child)

Oh! so the old lady is her mother-in-law, I thought.

"it's okay, aunty ji. I was just passing by when I heard your voice. I haven't done anything much. It's just that I had faced such situation earlier, that's why I acted upon my instincts. Don't thank me. Everything is in God's hands. Take care of her. I will take your leave now. Bye. "

"No no please wait, Come inside the house please, I want to thank you properly." The lady said.

"No, It's okay aunty ji. No formalities please. Aap bas dadi ji ke sath rahiye, unka dhyan rakhiye, Mein chalati hu."  I said. (Please be with grandmother and take care of her, I will take your leave now.)

( It is a common practice in India to refer old people as grand parents. I conveys respect)

"Ruk ja beta", Now the old lady said.(Please stay)

"Okay", I said.

"Thank you everyone for coming. Ab aap log jaiye." The lady then said to the gathered people there. She then helped her mother-in-law in standing up. I also came forward for help and she gestured me to come inside. I went inside with her.(You people should go now)

We both made her lie on her bed comfortably.

"Ab kaisa lag rha hai aapko, mummy ji. Ekdam se kya ho gya tha aapko. Abhi to theek thi aap jab mein apse chai ke liye puch kar gayi thi." The lady said to her mother-in-law. (How are you feeling now, mother-in-law. What happened suddenly. You ere fine just now when I came to ask you for tea)

I was standing near the bed, where the lady was sitting beside her mother-in-law.

The old lady first looked at her daughter-in-law and then at me.

She gestured me to come closer and took my hand in hands.

"Tune mujhe bacha liya aaj, nhi to mein apne Manu ki shaadi dekhe bina hi mar jaati. Bhagwan teri sari manokaamnaye puri kare, tujhe is duniya ki sari khushiya mile." She said to me while patting my head. (You saved me today otherwise I would have died without witnessing my Manu's wedding. May God fulfil all you wishes, you get all the happiness in the world.)

I had tears brimming my eyes. "Maine kuch nahi kiya dadi ji, mein to bas yha se jaa rhi thi tab maine aunty ji ki awaaz suni or ruk kar dekha. Hamare pados mein bhi 2 saal pehle aisa hua tha, tab doctor uncle ne unhe paani nhi pilane diya tha. Maine chhat par se ye sab dekha tha. Aur aaj aapko dekh kar muje wo yaad aaya. Bus maine Shyam ji ka naam liya or wahi karne ki koshish ki. or Shyam ji ki kripa se aap thik ho gayi. Jai Shree Shyam."

( I have not done anything grand-mother, I was just passing by when I heard aunt's voice and stopped to look around. Actually I have witnessed similar situation in my neighborhood from my terrace about 2 years back, the the doctor did not allowed water. I remembered that today after watching you. I just took Lord Shyam's [local powerful god] in my heart and with his grace you are fine now.)

"Jai Shree Shyam.They both said in unison while joining their hands. (Praise the Lord)

"You also belive in Lord Shyam." The lady asked me. I nodded positively.

Then the old lady said to her daughter-in-law, " Bero koni ke hoyo mere. Ekdum hu saans chad gyo har aankha g aage andhero so hogyo. Mein tane awaaz maare hi itte mein hi niche pad gi. Bas pher k hoyo mane yaad koni."  ( I don't know what happened to me. Suddendly my breath got fast and there was darkness infront of my eyes. I tried calling you but I fell. After that I don't remember anything.)

[These dialouges are in a local language called "BAGRI", it is spoken in regions of Haryana and Rajasthan in India . It is somewhat similar to "MARWARI" ]

"Accha, the ke khayo aaj saare din m. Iya batao the aawalo khaya karo k. Khaati chija kitti k khaya karo the". I said (Okay, what have you eaten since morning. Tell me how often you eat amla [Indian gooseberry]. Do you eat sour things.)

"Beta tu issi suni bagri bole h, ni to aaj kal ga tabar to to  bas aapgi bhasha n bhul hi rhya h. Tere muh hu aapgi bhasha sun g ji soro ho gyo mero. Bhagwan tane khub tarraki dewe. Ar ha khaati chija to mein koni khau jyada, aanwalo bhi kayi saal ho gya khaye n. Biya aa baat khyami puche h tu." The old lady said to me. ( You speak bagri very well child, otherwise today's generation have forgot their traditional language. My heart is at ease after listening our language. May God give you Success. And I do not eat sour things much, It's been years since I last had amla [Indian gooseberry]. By the way, why are you asking this.)

"Biya to the Doctor ne dikha liyo the par mane lage thare vitamin C gi kami h. Accha mein chalu ab kayi der hogi mane." I said. (You should consult the doctor but I think you have vitamin C deficiency. Okay I will go now, It's been a while now. )

"Nhi thodi der ruko bacche. Apna naam to batao . Or yha kaise aayi tum. Pehle to kabhi dekha nhi tumhe yha. Doctor k aane tak ruk jao beta."  The daughter-in-law of old lady said to me. (No please stay for a while child. Tell me your name. How you came here. I have not seen you earlier. Stay till the doctor come.)

"Why will the Doctor will come? What happened?" A voice roared behind me giving me goosebumps.

Automatically I turned to face the owner of the voice. I was shocked. My mouth unknowingly said, "Sir"

"Miss Sharma." He said and both ladies kept seeing us with surprise on their faces.

Hello Lovely Readers,

This is the second chapter .

Please give your valuable feedback.

Thank you for giving your precious time for reading my story.