"Will that be all, Don Jason?" Anna inquired, and I nodded. But as she turned to leave, I stopped her.

"Anna, tell me what you know about the nanny my father hired," I requested.

"You mean Emily. She's a nice girl, and I believe she'll be a great fit for Aurora," Anna replied with a smile.

"Is that all you know about her?" I pressed, urgency evident in my voice, a feeling I knew Anna could sense.

"Yes that is all I know, she just started working here. I don't know much about her, only that she looks a lot like your late wife," Anna said, her words fueling my anger.

'' What did you just say,'' I yelled, it was clear that Anna could sense my agitation, as she quickly apologized and hurried out of the room.

"F*ck!" I cursed out, the sound echoing in the room as I slammed my hand on the table with all my strength.

I marched over to the drink stand, pouring myself a glass of whiskey and downing its contents in one gulp. Pouring another, then another, trying I drowned this feeling I didn't even understand in the amber alcohol.

Emily was stirring up emotions in me, and I didn't even know anything about her.

"Isn't it too early to be drinking?" I soon heard Lucas's voice cut through the heavy air.

"Wait, did something happen? Is it the Marinos again?" Lucas's concern was palpable, but I remained silent, drowning my thoughts in the liquid.

"Jason, what's going on? You only drink like this when something serious is happening. Talk to me, because I know it's not about the business. Did Helena do something again?" Lucas pressed on, his persistence reflecting his genuine worry for me.

But still, I didn't answer; I just kept on drinking. Suddenly, Lucas forcefully took the drink out of my hand.

"If you don't want to tell me what's going on with you, fine. But I will not allow you to drink yourself to death," he said firmly.

"Why does the universe always seem to find ways to mess with me? First, they took away Amara from me, and I'm still trying to come to terms with that fact. And now, they bring an exact copy of her. What do they want from me?" I groaned loudly, sinking deeper into my chair.

"Jason, I don't understand what you're talking about. I thought you were slowly getting better from Amara's death. What's going on?" Lucas questioned, his confusion evident in his tone.

"I can't catch a break, can I? Just when I feel like I've caught my breath, the universe throws another wrecking ball in my direction," I lamented, frustration evident in my voice. Lucas's confusion deepened at my words.

"What are you talking about, Jason?" Lucas asked, his confusion palpable. And that's when I screamed.

"The nanny— the freaking nanny my father hired."

With confusion in his eyes, Lucas didn't utter a word. Instead, he silently left the room, leaving me to wrestle with my thoughts. Moments later, he returned, his expression frozen in shock as if he had just seen a ghost.

"What the hell, man? How is that even possible? How can two people share such a striking resemblance?" Lucas exclaimed, his disbelief echoing my own. This time, he was the one who poured us a drink.

"You need this more than I thought," he remarked as he handed me the drink.

"How, Jason? How did your father find that girl?" Lucas inquired, his voice tinged with urgency.

"I don't know. I've been asking myself the same question," I replied, my mind racing with unanswered queries.

"And the strange part of it all is that she was the person who saved my life when the Marino family tried to kill me," I revealed.

"She's the one you thought was Amara?" Lucas asked, seeking confirmation, and I nodded solemnly, the weight of the revelation heavy upon us both.

"Is she stalking you now?" Lucas asked, his concern evident in his tone. I groaned inwardly, knowing I couldn't provide him with a definitive answer.

"So, what are you going to do now? That girl might look like Amara, but she's not Amara," Lucas pointed out, his words ringing with a sobering truth. I paced incessantly, my mind racing as I attempted to quell the tempest brewing within me.

"Maybe it's just a coincidence, or perhaps fate that brought her here. Because from what you've told me, I don't think she knows anything about you to cause her to stalk you," Lucas mused.

And then it hit me. I don't believe in coincidences.

"I need you to find me whatever you can on Emily. I need to know everything about her down to the last detail; I need to know why she is here, and why she looks so much like Amara," I declared, a sense of urgency in my voice.

Lucas nodded solemnly. "Consider it done, Jason. We'll get to the bottom of this."

With Lucas's promise, a flicker of hope ignited within me.

Perhaps unravelling Emily's mystery would provide the closure I desperately sought.

But until then, the unsettling presence of the nanny lingered like a shadow, casting doubt and fear over every facet of my life.