Chocolate One

I hate alcohol. I hate it, I hate it so much. The harsh ray of the sun wakes me up from my very uncomfortable sleep, and I sit up and wipe my eyes.

"Morning sunshine" Leo chirps, he's standing at the fridge, a green apple in his hand. "Fuck you" I mumble, finger brushing my hair and throwing it up into a messy bun. "That's not very kind," He says, handing me an Advil and a glass of water. I don't say anything, just swallow the pill and chug the water.

"Do I have time to go change and take a shower?" I ask, standing up and stretching.

"Not at your dorm, but you can use my shower, and there's an outfit laid out on my bed for you," He says "Along with your tote bag, water bottle, and your deadly plant essay that is due today" I walk over to him and hug him from behind and bury my head in his back.

"See, this is why your my best friend" I mumble, and kiss the back of his head as I walk into his bedroom, and have a quick shower. The outfit he got from my room consist of black ripped jeans and a red corset top with some combat boots. I get dressed, and check my tote bag, and there it is, my essay. I walk out into the common room and Leo's sitting on the couch, tying his shoes. "You and Advil are my bestest friends" I say, ruffling his brown hair. He just shakes his head and swats my hand away. He's wearing blue jeans and a white knit sweater.

"Where is everyone else?" I ask, sitting on the couch beside Leo, sipping my ice cold water in my lilac Stanley.

"All asleep I presume" He says scrolling Instagram. "Can we skip today? I have the worst hangover, and I'm sure Riven and Beatrix do too".

"Sure, I don't really have any important classes today, two free periods," He puts his phone away "I think Amara and Elijah have a test today, so I don/t think they will."

We wait for another five minutes, and Riven walks out of his room. He's wearing black and red plaid sweats and no shirt. "I say, fuck school today" He says, coming around the couch and over to the fridge, where he grabs a water bottle.

"I agree" I quip, passing over an Advil, he nods and puts it in his mouth and swallows. I quickly shoot a text to the group chat (which is just the friend group) and see who wants to skip. And like we thought, Amara and Elijah have not one, but two tests. Which is bullshit because its the first week.

Elijah walks out of his bedroom, he's wearing grey pants and a knit white t-shirt

I fish my essay out of my bag and hand it to him and he raises an eyebrow "You have Abbott today?" He nods, "give this to her for me? tell her I'm sick"

He rolls his eyes but puts the essay carefully in his laptop bag. "Thanks Eli". He sticks his tongue out at me, he says he hates when I call him Eli, but I know he secretly loves it"

Elijah walks out, not without giving us a speech about skipping, but then he's off. Riven goes into his bedroom and gets dressed, then Danny comes out, he's wearing black pants and a skintight black long sleeved. I know that its his favorite shirt, I got him it in a bunch more different colors for his birthday last year, but he insists it looks best in black.

Riven walks out wearing a dark red turtleneck and blue baggy jeans. Riven, Leo, Danny and I walk to my dorm and I knock on Beatrix's dorm door. "Bea, I texted you ten minutes before we left, you should be ready by now"

"I'm just doing my hair!" I roll my eyes and walk into her bedroom, shes wearing a black dress and a mesh top thingy with a pair of converse.

"Hurry up, your hair takes like, two seconds to do" I say, leaning against the doorframe and watch her brush through her dark red hair. She glares at me and puts her hair into a black claw clip. She grabs her bag and follows me out into the common room.

"Where to?"

~~~
"Ever heard of not day drinking?" I ask, sitting on the little bench that's held in the air by rope tied to a tree branch. Beatrix, who just got done doing five shots or vodka in a row, and is trying to climb up a bright yellow swirly slide.

"Never heard of it!" She yells, sliding down once more. She huffs takes off her shoes and socks, and goes once again. Danny comes and sits beside me, brushing his blonde hair out of his eyes. "Before we go to New York will you let me dye your roots?" I ask, taking my hand and brushing through his pin straight soft hair. He eases into my hand "Mmmm, I think I want to let it grow out" He admits, and I bite my lip to hide my smile. I'd never tell him, but I prefer his black hair to his blonde hair any day. He's been coloring it probably since we were 13, but before that it was all black and long and absolutely beautiful.

I watch as Leo sits down on a patch of grass and pull out his phone, snapping pictures of the dandelions. Riven is trying to help Beatrix get up the slide. I pull out my phone and snap pictures. I'm totally posting these for Beatrix's birthday post.

"Do you think I should grow it out?" He asks, and I nod vigorously. Probably a little too much, but he doesn't seem to notice. "I say, we go to the Diner" I quip, mostly to Danny.

All of us live in like this little circle. A small neighborhood. 

Beatrix's head whips her head toward us "Milkshake?!" she hollers. "Yes Bea,'' I say standing up and walking over to her "I will buy you a milkshake if you come down".

"A chocolate one?"

"Yes a chocolate one."

"Okay"