Freedom For Themselves

(CONTENT WARNING - Images of blood, injuries and violence)
---------------

*Robin and Squirrel sit in the cage, leaning against the wall*

Squirrel: Robin, can I ask you something?

Robin: Sure. You can ask me another one if you want.

Squirrel: …Really?

Robin: Sorry, Just thought I’d relieve the tension a bit.

*She shook her head*

Squirrel: Alright, why did you mention to them that there wasn’t any money?

*He turned himself to face her*

Robin: Because it’s the truth. There isn’t any. You know this, right?

Squirrel: Well yes, but this has made things so much worse, what if he doesn’t make it in time? What happens to us?

*Robin gently grabbed her hand*

Robin: He’s gonna be here, I know it. Besides, I'm still in disbelief that he would do this. If it’s all true, then he's dug himself one hell of a grave.

*Squirrel’s breathing becomes unsteady, she held Robin’s hand tighter*

Robin: Whatever happens, you won’t be going alone. I’m right here.

Squirrel: I know…

*They sat there silently for a moment, until Squirrel spoke up*

Squirrel: How are you holding up now?

Robin: Still in a lot of pain… But I’m a fighter.

Squirrel: I know, Robin but… Please don’t put yourself in danger to protect me, I can’t take any more guilt.

Robin: You won’t. But I don’t want to see you get hurt. At least physically. Besides, this time I'm not gonna cower away and wait to be saved, let's find a way to get out of this room and meet Badger halfway…

Squirrel: But how? We're in a place that we don't know from Adam. We'd need something like a map or a track-... Oh goodness!!!

Robin: What? What is it?

Squirrel: You've only come back home, why don't you use your tracker?

Robin: The trackers!!! Oh wait… Oh no, I forgot to replace the one that I lost on the cliff… Oh, Robin!!! Well, I guess we can use yours.

Squirrel: Sorry, the last time I was in the studio, I didn't plan to leave the grounds.

*Robin groaned*

Robin: Alright… I guess we'll just find something to use around us.

Squirrel: Right.

*Robin gets up on his feet into a crouch stance, he glances around*

Robin: Ok… Ok, what can we use…? Maybe a window or a sweet spot on the ground. Perhaps a big- …

*The door opens, Wolf and Black Cat come into the room.*

Black Cat: Hey wimps. Enjoying your last 50 minutes?

Squirrel: Bite me!

Black Cat: Ooh I think I touched a nerve. I wonder what else I can touch?

*The feline reaches inside the cage. Robin chirped loudly to warn her off. The bird gets up to his feet, approaching the bars. He puffed up his feathers.*

Wolf: Cat, don't tease the animals behind bars.

Robin: How dare you?! You're the ones who are keeping us captive. If anything, you're the real animals!