Blackmail

*Viper and Squirrel catch up on the drama from the tour that they had heard from*

Viper: Whoa... He slapped him?

Squirrel: Yeah, he was really upset about what he did.

Viper: I can imagine... And with a huge paw like that, Robin's really lucky he didn't lose an eye.

Squirrel: Very. I've heard from Robin that he's a little worried about Badger. Apparently he's been acting... odd, like he's become "deranged".

Viper: Deranged? But Badger's got to be the most level-headed mask in the studio. You don't suppose, maybe... Could it have something to do with last night?

Squirrel: What do you mean?

Viper: Listen, I'm not gonna say I was snooping around, but I saw you talking with Hare. Does Badger have any idea about this guy that's been VERY close with you?

Squirrel: Oh... Oh, I did introduce them over the call- Wait, do you think that he...? No, I can't imagine that's what it is.

Viper: You need to start being careful about who you hang around with, Squirrel. I need you to promise me that-

Squirrel: Hare showed romantic interest in me... He told me about it at the Sing-Along.

*Viper's eyes widen*

Squirrel: But I told him I was with Badger and I wasn't interested in trying anything.

*Viper takes a step back*

Viper: You didn't... I-I mean, good. You're loyal, so that's good. Listen, I have to go. I'll catch up with you later, Okay?

*Viper runs off*

Squirrel: But... There he goes again. What's up with him?

*Viper slows down when he knows Squirrel is out of sight. He checks his phone for messages, seeing one from Badger*

Badger: *in text* Why is he there?! What does he want?!

*Viper sighs and texts back*

Viper: *in text* Don't get mad, but I think he knows now that you're her boyfriend and he may have enough information about you.

Badger: *in text* Ok, now I have to get home. Just keep an eye out.

Viper: *in text* NO! Don't come back, that's just what they want from you. I promise I'll protect Squirrel until you get back. Just stay on the tour. Trust me.

Badger: *in text* Fine. but if something happens to her on your watch, I'm going to kill you.

Viper: *in text* You have my word, she's as good as safe.

*Viper puts his phone back into his jacket pocket and sits down, face in hands*

Viper: Man, what am I gonna do?

*Viper looks up and sees Hare talking to a few people, leaving them laughing along with him. Viper scrunches up his snout and stands up*

Viper: First things first, the rat.

*Hare parts from the group of people as Viper starts to walk up to him*

Viper: Ahem.

Hare: Oh, Viper! And to what do I owe the pleasure?

*Viper puts on a fake smile*

Viper: Hare. I have to say... Maybe I was wrong about you. You seem to have everyone's best interests in mind.

Hare: Well I must say, Viper. It's nice to see you finally coming around. Though I suppose our friends wouldn't have seen it that way, what with you being threatened by my presence here AND in the gang.

Masked Singer (UK) Short StoriesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara