★Chapter Six★

✯✯✯✯✯✯

Chapter Six✯
•Of•

    ✿     ✿
THE AMBER EYES OF FAITH
✿    ✿     ✿

********
CYNTHIA'S POV
********

Oh no. This is terrible, really terrible. Arianna's scream just made things worse.

Before anyone realized, I was grappling with this monstrous thing, trying to pry it off John. Surprisingly, it wasn't devouring him.

I reached for my knife and plunged it into its back. It was the weapon each of us had chosen.

"RAAAAAAAAAAA!" Its roar grew even louder, but John managed to wriggle free.

"Great, she's only making it worse," I heard Arianna snort. If she could do anything to help, why hadn't she done it?

"Come on," Jacob urged, seizing my hands. "Cole, shouldn't we get moving?"

Cole seemed as if he believed we were destined to remain here forever.

"It emerged from that wardrobe. I want to see what's inside," Cole pointed to the place it had emerged from.

The beast continued to roar in agony, attempting to dislodge my knife, or rather, my dagger.

"Yeah, we can check that out later, but right now, we need to move. Someone almost got eaten in our team," Jacob nearly yelled, still holding my hands. "Cole, let's go. Now!"

Cole glanced at his brother, realizing the seriousness of the situation.

"Let's go, everyone," Cole commanded, giving me a brief nod.

"That's his way of saying well done, by the way," Jacob chuckled at his brother.

"What do you mean, well done?" I inquired.

"His nod."

"Oh."

We began to run, hoping to outpace the beast, but...

Oh no!

The beast was chasing us, its footsteps echoing ominously.

"Does Cole know it's coming?" I asked.

"Yeah, he does," Jacob confirmed.

I nodded, confused. Why wasn't he fighting it? For heaven's sake, we were supposed to be fighting it.

We ran and ran, with the creature in pursuit. Then we saw the door we had passed through on our way in. It was wide open, but still seemed so far away. It was always easy to enter, but leaving was always a challenge.

I don't know how, but the beast appeared before us, looking more like a female.

Oh no, there is a female!!!