★Chapter Five★

✯✯✯✯✯✯

Chapter Five✯
•Of•

    ✿     ✿
THE AMBER EYES OF FAITH
✿    ✿     ✿

*******
ARIANNA'S POV
*******

“This is so exciting. I'll be going with the most handsome guy in the world, even more handsome than my boyfriend.

“Your name is Jane, right?” I asked, and she looked at me with a steely eye. That's what I admire about her; she gets what she wants by disrupting and making things harder for others, and it always works.

“Yes, weren't you there when I introduced myself, or were you deaf?” she asked rudely. Even with her harshness, she still seems like someone who needs someone to listen to her.

“I was too focused on getting that loser's friend out,” I said, directing it at Arizona, since she despises her now.

“You know her?” she asked. She might hate me if I say she's my sister.

“Yeah, she's my rival. I hate her passionately. Every time I see her, I feel ostracized, and every time she sees me, she always wants to assert her dominance. I hate that, I hate her, and I hate her friend,” I said with venom in my voice.

“It's alright. That means we could work together; you can join my team,” she smiled. OMG, she just smiled at me. “But it isn't this team you are joining; it is Cole's decision.” When she said those last two words, I knew she's in love with Cole. Thank God I'm in love with Jacob.

“Who likes John?

“Can I be the second in command?” I asked with a pleading look.

“Okay. You are my second in command,” she said immediately. I love it. I love her.

“So, do you like Cole?” I asked, changing the topic.

“NO. I love Cole, and I'll do anything for him,” she sighed dreamily, then turned to me. “Who do you like?” she asked, smiling. Not that type of beautiful smile, the hopeful kind.

“Jacob,” I smiled.

“Yes!” she said excitedly. “For a moment, I thought you'd say John.” No way.

“No way. He's too effeminate. Actually, deep down, I feel sorry that no girl likes him because he behaves like a girl.”

She laughed and laughed. It was a beautiful sight to behold. I smiled.

“Can you guys concentrate? You'll make Cole angry,” Cynthia, the beautiful one, said.

“Mind your own business, Cynthia. If he wants to get angry, let him get angry at me,” Jane said authoritatively, and Cynthia acted as if nothing happened and gently faced forward, but she still earned a glare from Lydia.

“Can I do that?” I asked.

“When Cole has grown to trust you. If you do it now, you're gone, but if you're at my level of trust, he won't remove you because of his personal things,” she explained, and I nodded.

“Where are we going, anyways?” I asked.

“Outside the gate. The forbidden places of the school,” she answered, and I felt fear creep inside me.

OH HELL NO!

“Is it forbidden by the school?” I asked one more time.

“Nope, by us. In fact, that's the place where people love going when we aren't doing anything,” Jane said.

“What!?” I asked silently.

Am I going to die? OH NO! I wasn't prepared for this kind of thing. I am meant to be in my dorm room sleeping or smoking away my life or just eating popcorn and watching movies on my phone or gossiping with my crew.

“I wasn't prepared for this,” I said, and she laughed.

“Don't worry. This is just the first day; another time, you'll be used to it,” she assured me. I gulped heavily. I knew that's a complete lie. That is like telling me one day I, Arianna Cheta Emeka, will be used to horror movies when she gets older. That's not possible.

I wish I listened to Arizona. NO! I have to prove Arizona wrong, remember you stupid head. You hate her. I hate her, and I'll prove her wrong. She is dead wrong if she thinks I am a baby. Stupid her!!!

“You guys should be silent,” we heard Cole's audible voice.

We walked slowly, silently, and carefully. I DON'T WANNA DIE!!! IF I DIE, I'LL HAUNT THAT BEAST AND HAUNT EVERYONE HERE!!!!

I moved to Jane's side. She seemed oblivious to my presence.

So, I walked to Leonard, seeking protection. He looked strong.

He glanced at me, pity flashing through his eyes.

He shouldn't be pitying me; he should be protecting me.

The beast emerged, larger than anything I could imagine.

Cole quickly grabbed his camera and snapped. Great! Can we go now?!

I looked at Cynthia 2; she didn't seem as shy or scared as me, which was unusual given her typically timid demeanor, perhaps due to her unattractive face. I hated her even more for capturing Jacob's attention. Ugly girl...

“RAAAAAAAAA”

“AHHHHHHHH,” I screamed along with it, but the creature just looked at us for a moment without acting.

Everyone faced me. Cole wore a blank expression, Jacob's was unreadable. Everyone, including Jane and Leonard, stared at me blankly.

I hated this!

“What?” I asked, looking at Leonard. He simply looked at me.

Then...

“RAAAAAA” It climbed onto the nearest person, and that person was John!! Oh no!

What are we going to do?

✴️

Hi everyone. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it.

God bless you 😇

Love 💖

~giftedFortune