★Chapter Three★

Start from the beginning

"Yay!" She joined me.

*Strange Things*

After arranging our room to our liking, we lay on her bed, satisfied that we wouldn't get a disease from dirtiness.

Maybe it's time to...

*Loud Snore*

I turned my head to my roomie, but she had gone. What am I still doing here? I'm still awake like someone searching for their money.

I think her snore is contagious because my eyes are closing. Like I'm sleeping. OMG, I'm sleeping and I have...

*A Knock On The Door*

I literally jacked up, as did Cynthia.

I stood up lazily and checked who it was. It looked like one of our classmates. Did I just say ‘it’...?

"Who is it?" Cynthia asked, breaking through my thoughts.

"Someone who looks like a senior like us," I answered, still half-asleep.

"Then open it."

I opened the door slowly. I saw the person at my door smiling at her phone.

"You knocked," I snapped.

"Oh, sorry. We're meeting, all the 12th graders. Meet us outside and be fast," she smiled and left, leaving me confused.

"What did she say?" Cynthia asked, lying back on the bed.

"She said the 12th graders are meeting outside, and we should hurry," I informed her, still admiring my bed.

"Oh dear God," Cynthia whined. "It's 10 PM."

"11, actually," I frowned.

We got ready as quickly as possible. Stepping outside, we saw a group of teenagers who didn't seem very sensible. Sorry, that might have been too harsh.

We waited, and right then, I felt like sleeping.

"Okay, guys!" a guy's voice echoed, waking us all up.

But... this guy is handsome!

"This guy is so attractive," Cynthia confirmed it. I looked at every other girl, and their eyes were on him.

Wait, where are the teachers?

"We found another lifeless body he continued. What? "For those of you who are new students, there's something you need to know. Since we were in 8th grade, people have been dying. Students, teachers, and it's not a human being that's killing us. It is a very dangerous beast. It comes out anytime it wants, especially if that person is in a lonely area. So now, we've found a new dead body. Any questions?"

Everyone's hands were up, including Arianna. Wow! For the first time in my life, I'm not seeing Arianna every second.

"You," the guy pointed. Arianna smiled, then quickly turned it into a frown.

"Well, everything is kind of confusing, so please start by introducing yourselves and explaining everything again," I knew she would ask for his name but she was being subtle about it.

"Okay. I'm Cole," he said, somewhat sternly. Cool, he's a no-nonsense person.

"I'm Lydia," the girl beside him said. She looks exactly like him, and she smiled.

"I'm Jacob," this guy also looked exactly like Lydia and Cole. They must be siblings.

"I'm Jane," fear this one. She has this kind of attitude; if you try nonsense or do something she doesn't like, she'll behave worse than Arianna.

"I'm Cynthia," she's so beautiful. More beautiful than Lydia. It's not like she would be more beautiful than Cole if he were a girl.

"My namesake," Cynthia squealed silently.

"Yeah, your namesake," I nodded nonchalantly, but Cynthia was too excited to even notice. Friends.

"And finally, I'm John," he's also handsome and beautiful because he looks like a girl and he doesn't have the typical guy demeanor. He's one of those guys who behave exactly like a girl.

So, after all the meaningless introductions, Cole began the strange story, which I don't think is true. If it were true, why isn't the Principal the one informing us?

"Any more questions?" he said, but there were no hands up. But I didn't care. I threw my hand up. "Yes," he answered, as if I was going to ask for his number.

Everyone stared at me, but I cared less. In fact, let them see who asks this question to their precious boy.

"I don't believe you," everyone gasped in shock. Girls stared between Cole and me. Cynthia started trying to sit me down, but I had to ask.

"Why isn't it the Principal to inform us? Why is it you guys?" I asked, and he stared blankly at me.

"Great, you've made him mad," I heard Cynthia snort. Did she do that to me or him? If it's me...

"The Principal doesn't know," he answered. "She knows something's wrong, but she can't put a finger on it," he explained.

"And he's our leader," Jane added, thinking I didn't have any more questions that would annoy him.

"So why don't you want to tell her?" I asked once more, shocking everyone with my audacity to look into his eyes. They might call it indirectly flirting with him, but I call it seeking the truth.

"She won't believe us. She might think we're monsters and send us to juvenile or think we're crazy children and send us to a hospital," he answered, also surprised that I looked straight into his eyes.

"Even though I have more questions, I'll just let it slide and move on," I said, sitting down and earning a warning glare from Cynthia, which I wonderfully ignored.

"Okay, so the body we found was outside the gate. The security men are with us, so they brought the body for us to see it."

The lifeless body was brought, and at that moment, I felt like vomiting.

It was the same girl I fought with in the morning or afternoon. Their bully.

   ✴️

Hi 👋.

Hope y'all enjoyed the story and I hope Arizona and her friends find the solution to this problem.

Please

Vote ⭐

Comment 💬

And Share 🌚

God loves you ❤️

Love 💖

~giftedFortune