"You're not a bad mother." I had to speak because I couldn't let her think that. "You're not a bad wife." I whisper.

"I feel like the worst lately, Flo. I've been horrible." She said. "I've been terrible and I'm so sorry. I'd never hurt you on purpose, Flo."

"I know." I couldn't stay quiet now.

She was quiet for a minute or so. "I know what you mean about feeling disconnected, and I know that that's my fault."

"It's both." I pointed out. She can't just blame everything on herself.

Rhea grabbed my hand and brought it up to her mouth and kissed it twice. "I'm going to be better, Flo. I promise, things are gonna get back to how they were."

And that excited me. "You know I think a start would be for you to-" I swallowed. "Please yourself."

Rheas eyebrows raised, then smiled softly.

"I mean like- you know, things have been tense. It's a way to unwind. I know you're frustrated. I don't want you to- find other outlets." I admitted.

Rheas eyes creased. "Find other outlets? Like using my own hand huh?" She leaned in. "I didn't know you were so jealous... Tell me, Flo. Have you been using your own hand?"

I shrugged. "No, I've been waiting for you."

Rhea glanced Ryan's way. "I didn't think you'd wanna do anything with Ryan right here."

"He can't see. He's asleep." It came out quick and eager. More than I thought it would.

"I don't deserve you tonight, Flo."

My face fell because I was very enthusiastic about it right now and she still wasn't doing anything. "But I-"

Something snapped outside, by the window. Like a stick, or an animal jumping. Which made us both look that way.

Rhea moved and got off the bed, peering out the blind and scanning the backyard.

"What was that?" I asked.

"I can't see anything. Just an animal, baby." She ended and came back over. "Don't worry." And she crawled over me and lent down to kiss my forehead.

"I want more from you." I tell her.

Rhea smiled a little. "Always so-"

Ryan suddenly began crying, and Rhea rubbed her lips together, closing her eyes a second. "You stay here, alright?" Rhea told me and got up off of me.

And it seemed everytime we tried to talk, make up, make out, spend much needed time together, there was always something that came up. Whether it's Ryan, who's very important so that didn't bother me much. Or Dom, JD and Damien. There was something.

It just felt like the universe was pushing us further apart, no matter how hard we tried.

RHEA

I had calmed Ryan back down. All he needed was some attention and a warm body to cling to, and he fell straight back asleep.

When I went back to Flo, she was deep asleep too. I debated whether or not I should wake her up, in a way she might have well been begging me for.

But she needed more than that.

I needed to make up for what I did. Take her on the best date she fucking deserved. Then the best sex of her life. She deserves that, not to just be woken up with head.

I relaxed in beside her, and she immediately slithered close and beside me. I brought her in tighter, and listened to her breathing to fall asleep.

DOMINIK