Chapter Eleven

The weekend went by in a blur. Harvey and I hung out Saturday evening and all day Sunday. My mother even let me spend Saturday night at his house. We boinked senselessly the entire night, slept for a few hours, and then took it up again in the morning. It wore me out, but it was a life-changing experience. I always thought sex-crazed people like Harvey were weird, but I was beginning to see the appeal. There was something incredible about sex that reached beyond pure pleasure...it was heightening. I felt myself craving it more and more.

I arrived at school on Monday with a smile on my face. People were giving me weird looks in the halls because of my unnatural display of happiness, but I didn't care. I passed by Tiffany Titsworth and stuck my tongue out at her.

"Guess what, Tiffany," I said smugly "Harvey and I go at it like animals every night!"

Tiffany rolled her eyes, but I could tell she was affected by my comment.

"Sure," she said "As if. And even if you did...well...it's not like I'm interested in him...at all...I don't like him like that...I'm not..."

I strutted past her as she continued to stutter out a response. She had been significantly subdued around me ever since I had attacked her gazongas during the talent show. Alia and I were also getting along better. She had come to accept Harvey and I's relationship, and she and I were the best of friends again.

"Oh my god," she told me and Harvey when we sat down for lunch "Eli Harrington is still ignoring my calls. He says I'm being stalker-ish."

Harvey gave a hearty chuckle.

"You do you, girl." he said.

Alia smiled at him. I could tell she was starting to enjoy his company more. Mr. Hamlin, however, was enjoying him less, due to Harvey's increased boisterousness during Monday's class. Harvey had brought his slingshot to class and kept discreetly shooting marbles at Mr. Hamlin.

"Goddamn it, Hotstud!" Mr. Hamlin shouted after the twelfth marble "I'm going to fucking kill you and your girlfriend if you do that shit one more time! Don't you fucking test me! Do you think I'm some kind of fucking clown?"

Harvey snickered, but put his slingshot away to avoid further conflict. We always assumed Mr. Hamlin's threats were empty, but we figured it was best to play it safe. Harvey and I spent the rest of class passing notes to each other and folding paper airplanes. Once the bell rang, Harvey hopped out of his seat and threw his paper airplane directly at Mr. Hamlin, bonking him on the forehead.

"Agh!" Mr. Hamlin screamed "What the fuck?"

Harvey and I booked it out of the classroom, giggling. Alia joined us and we walked toward the front doors.

"Wanna hang out tonight, Maya?" Alia asked.

"Sure," I said "Harvey and I were gonna take a walk through the cemetery. You wanna come?"

"Heck yeah!" said Alia, grinning.

Although she didn't look like one, Alia was a bit of a wannabe goth girl. She loved cemeteries and haunted places, although she shied away from weird occult stuff, except for this one stint in middle school where she became convinced she had the powers to raise the dead.

My dad had agreed to pick us up that day, so we clambered into the back of his car. My mother was in the passenger's seat. She smiled back at us.

"How was your day?" she asked, unnaturally pleasantly.

"It was great, Mrs. Harrison," Harvey said "The three of us are going to walk to the cemetery later tonight. It's gonna be totally dope."

My father laughed.