NINE

"Paul" Aliyah whispered as he grabbed her, trying to get through the crowds of angry Fremen.

Stilgar began speaking to them in Chakobsa, Aliyah understood barely any of it. As she walked through the crowds with Paul, she got many looks of people. If looks could kill she'd be six foot under.

She watched as many Fremen touched javis's body, praying and crying from his death. She felt a huge amount of pity as she saw them in tears.

They all began yelling at the three, saying they were spies and killed javis. Aliyah gulped as Paul wrapped his arm around her waist. She grabbed Jessica hand, feeling protective of the pregnant woman.

As they continued walking, Aliyah was met with many different types of people. Non believers, who called them killers and liars. And then believers, who yelled out to "lisan al-Gaib" and his "Nuruh" bowing as they did.

Paul stared at one man, watching him as he bowed and in tears said
"Mahdi!"

Stilgar watched in amazement as many Fremen accepted Paul and Aliyah. So far, not so much Jessica, as they disliked Bene Gesserits around there.

⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆

Later on, eventually the Fremen had calmed down. Stilgar had gone to the elders to discuss the three Caladanians.

Paul, Jessica and Aliyah sat in the temple, eating some food given to them by the Fremen.

"Look at your bandages, your propaganda is taken root. Some of them already think I'm their messiah. Others, false prophet. I must sway the non believers. If they follow me I can disrupt spice production. That's the only way I can get to the emperor" Paul whispered to the two women beside him

Aliyah sighed laying her head to his shoulder before telling him
"You must be careful" with a worried tone.

"Your father didn't believe in revenge" Jessica muttered.

"Hell, I do" Paul answered before taking a bite of his food.

Suddenly, he began to have a vision, he saw Fremen bowing in front of a skeleton, his father's portrait, and Aliyah sitting on a throne, with a smile.

He quickly came back to reality, and Aliyah and Jessica became worried.

"What is happening?" Aliyah asked.

Some Fremen nearby began making comments on his state. Aliyah looked behind her and glared at them, causing them to look away for a moment.

Paul looked down at his dish.

"What is it?" Jessica questioned

"There's spice in the food" Paul answered, knowing that it had caused his vision.

"Woman, come with me" Stilgar said after re entering the room.

"Which one" Aliyah asked.

"The older one" Stilgar smiled slightly.

Jessica rolled her eyes belfre mumbling
"Rude" she got up and followed him.

Aliyah turned to Paul once Jessica had left
"Do you think she'll be alright" she asked

Paul sighed putting his arm around his girlfriend
"I trust stilgar, he trusts me. And he's a believer" Paul told her.

They stayed like that for a few minutes, trying to make the most of their time together after all the past weeks events.

After about an hour, they all went back outside, and were fastening their stillsuits.

"It's an honour isn't it?" Aliyah asked Jessica.

"I think you should feel honoured" Paul said.

"Well it was a choice between this or death so, forgive me if I'm not flattered" Jessica said, tightening her suit.

"How does one become a Reverend mother?" Paul asked.

"It's different from one culture to another" Aliyah said.

"Here on Arrakis....I have no idea" Jessica said looking at the ground.

"Your afraid" Paul noticed.

"A reverend mother is a task with holding the memories of all the Reverend mothers that came before them, so I'll be given centuries worth of pain and sorrow" Jessica said.

"Is it dangerous?" Paul questioned

"It's lethal for men" Aliyah answered with a smile.

"That's for sure" Jessica said walking away.

⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆

A few hours later, Paul and Aliyah stood outside the cave where Jessica would become the reverend mother. Both standing in silence, and in fear.

Paul looked down seeing some men staring at him, and Aliyah saw chani and some other girls she had met laughing.

"What are you guys laughing about?" Paula asked.

"Don't bother" chani answered back rudely.

"You don't believe in all this" Aliyah said.

"No, we don't" chani said.

"These are all southern beliefs" a woman beside her answered.

"Southern beliefs?" Paul asked.

"Southern tribes believe that a messiah will come to deliver us from evil" she added.

"You don't believe in lisan al-Gain" he said.

"We believe in Fremen, you wanna control people? You tell them a messiah will come, then theyll wait for centuries" Chani spat.

"But the whole nuruh thing sounds kinda badass, I won't lie" chani laughed, making Aliyah smile.

Stilgar came out from the cave saying
"Now we must pray"

He sat on a cushion, bowing towards the ground

"What about him?" Aliyah asked

"Stilgar? He's from the south, you didn't notice his accent?" Chani said laughing.

"What will happen to my mother?" Paul questioned

The Fremen women answered back in Chakobsa, and stilgar gave out, claiming he was trying to pray.

Aliyah and Paul just shared a look, and Aliyah hugged him, trying her best to ease his worries.

"Jessica is the strongest woman I know, I believe she will be absolutely fine, Paul" she whispered.

Paul nodded at her words, hugging her back, but still staring at the cave that she was in, he was wondering what she'd have to do.

So they stood, waiting to hear what has happened to her.

⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼ

I'm so sorry this is so short !

I've been so busy with school as I have state exams coming up, and I'm mid season for football so I have two games and two trainings sessions a week. I will try my best to keep updating quickly💗💗