TWO

The next day, Paul went down to the training room Aliyah with him.She wasn't completely trained to fight, but still had good reflexes and fought with Paul every now and then.

She sat on a bench, holding a knife, tracing the designs on it as Paul trained with a knife in front of her.

Suddenly, large footsteps were heard entering the room. "Don't stand with your back to the door" Gurney said.

Paul simply rolled his eyes to Aliyah, making her giggle, before continuing to train.

"How many times do we have to tell you" Gurney added, walking into the room quickly.

"I could tell it was you by your footsteps, Gurney Halleck" Paul said.

"Someone might imitate my stride" Gurney said putting down some weapons.

"We know the difference" Aliyah said finally lifting her head up.

"Are you the new weapons master?" Paul asked walking over to the bench Aliyah was sat on, he placed his knife down on the table beside it.

"With Duncan Idaho gone, I must make do as best I can. Choose your blade" Gurney instructed, taking off his jacket.

"I've had quite a day, Gurney" Paul said picking up his drink. Give us a song instead" Paul said

This made Aliyah laugh once more, but it quickly stopped when Gurney threw a knife at the bench, mere centimetres from her.

Paul then immediately lifted his head up saying.      "Keep your knifes away from her" with a warning tone. When he turned he saw Gurney running at him with a knife.

They started to battle, Paul turned and put on his protection shield, looking down at the light blue colour.

"Come on, come on" Gurney said.

"Old man" Paul answered, leading to them fighting once more, Aliyah was now fully invested in the fight.

Gurney had put a knife up to Paul's neck, saying.  "The slow knife penetrates the shield"

Paul shoves himself back, looking ready to give up. "I guess I'm not in the mood today"

"Mood?" Gurney yells

"Yeah" Paul answers.

"What's mood to do with it. You fight when the necessity arises, no matter the mood. How would your mood be if I were to attack Aliyah?" Gurney asked, walking behind a little, to put his knife against Aliyah, who quickly lifted her head, a small bit of fear entering her, although she knew Gurney wouldn't harm her.

Paul scowled before leaping forward and they fought again, this time for longer, until eventually Paul had a knife pressed against Gurney, who was on the floor.

"I have you" Paul says.

"Aye, but look down my lord, you would have joined me in death" Gurney replied, his knife pressed up against Paul's side.

"I see you found the mood" Gurney tells him, motioning his head towards Aliyah, who was still sat on the bench.

Paul helps him up, turning off his shield as Gurney walked over to the table with the weapons.

"Will it be that bad?" Paul asked.

"You don't get it do you? You don't really understand the grace danger of what's happening to us. For 80 years, Arrakis belonged to House Harkonnen" Gurney said.

Aliyah had now gotten up, walking towards the two, invested in the conversation. She stood next to Paul.

"80 years of owning the spice fields. Can you imagine the wealth" Gurney said walking closer to the two.

𝙷𝙸𝚂 𝙻𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 - 𝙿𝙰𝚄𝙻 𝙰𝚃𝚁𝙴𝙸𝙳𝙴𝚂जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें