SIX

A few hours after, the three continued there walk, making stops every now and then.

Aliyah was so tired, all she wanted was rest, but she had to hold on, if not for herself, for Paul and Jessica, and Jessica's unborn child.

They had almost made it, walking up the big sand dune, grunting as they did, their bodies aching.

Once at the top, they sat for a few moments. Aliyah lay her weight on Paul's side, admiring the beautiful view in front of them.

Their peace did not last long though, as they heard a loud noise near them. They stood seeing worms moving. But they seemed to be just moving around, not going for them.

Sighing, they continued to walk. Suddenly, the sand worm noises got louder. By instinct, Aliyah gripped onto Paul's arm, her breathing growing heavier.

"They're close, let's get out of here" Paul said

They began to walk before Paul whispered
"Wait, it's drumsand!"

They all gasped seeing a worm move their way
"Run!"Paul yelled

They began sprinting, trying to get to the nearby rocks as quickly as they possibly could.

Paul however, kept tripping over his clothes. Aliyah tan back to help him, ignoring Jessica pleas to not stop, they ran as fast as they could, Jessica made it to the rocks, they tried to as well.

The worm jumped out, the two stopped running, staring in awe. Aliyah yelled, clinging onto Paul and hiding her face in the crook of his neck.

Paul however, was completely fascinated by the creature. For some unknown reason, it didn't jump to ray them, it's just...,stared at them, aka it like it was fascinated by the two of them, almost like, it was being told not to hurt the two.

Then a thumper was heard, which eventually drew the worms attention away from the couple.

"Paul, Liyah, run!" Jessica yelled as the sand rose from the worm.

The three ran into the rocks, Jessica hugging the two.

"Someone called it" Paul said.

He then looked around and used sign language to tell them that they weren't alone, Aliyah jumped up beside him, scared to meet the Fremen.

They all saw Fremen gather around them, Paul wrapped an arm around his girlfriend, sensing her fear.

"Do not run, you will only waste your bodies water" a man says from behind them, his voice wierdly familiar.

"Stilgar, hey! You know me, I was there when you came to my fathers council" Paul yelled.

"Oh, this is the dukes son" stilgar said pulling down his mask slightly.

"Why are you waiting, we need their water" another man says from behind them.

"This is the boy I told you about, we can't touch him, or her, she must live too." Stilgar announced

"They are weaklings" The man adds, takinh out his knife.

"Jamis, that was a brave crossing they made, in the path of Shai-Hulud" stilgar says.

"He does not speak or act like a weakling, nor did his father" Stilgar says.

"My thumper saved their life" Jamis said
"Go back to reason stilgar. He's not the one, and she is no light"

Stilgar sighs, bored of Jamis's complaints.

"We have powerful friends, you help us off world to Caladan, you would be well rewarded" Jessica says.

"What wealth can you offer beyond the water in your flesh" Stilgar says, freaking Jessica out.

"Hmm, they boy is young, he can learn our ways, and the girl must stay if he is, they may have sanctuary. But the woman is untrained, and too old to learn" Stilgar says walking towards them.

The three take out their knifes. Ready for attack. Aliyah wouldn't say she was the best at fighting, but she had, had multiple trainings sessions with Duncan.

The Fremen ran at them, Jessica did a pretty good job at handling Stilgar. Paul made his way up the hill, and Aliyah had successfully beaten two Fremen before Jamis, bested her and held a knife to her neck. Her breathing quickened.

"Jamis let go of her, you dog. She is his Nuruh, have some respect" Stilgar yelled, a knife still at his throat.

Angrily, Jamis released her, and eventually Stilgar spoke once more.

"Why didn't you say you were a wielding women? And a fighter" stilgar said, sucking up to her.

"Conversation ran short" Jessica whispered.

"Peace woman, peace" Stilgar said, and eventually Jessica released him too.

Aliyah ran up to Paul, who had lowered his gun. She threw herself into his arms, holding back many tears.

"I wouldn't have let them heart you" he whispered in her ears.

"I know" she nodded

"I wouldn't have let them hurt you either, mysterious girl " a girl beside them smiled.

"You are apparently in stilgars good books, so your in mine. Come you two took the longest way up, follow me" she said.

Aliyah stood, Paul behind her protectively, and they both followed the girl down to the rest of the Fremen and Jessica.

Stilgar took Paul's gun before telling chani to take care of them.

Just as they turned to leave, Jamis yelled
"I will not have them"

"Jamis, I have spoken, be still" stilgar told the man.

"You talk like a leader, but the strongest leads. She bested you, and I'm sure the other girl could have easily. I invoke the amtal" Jamis said challenging Aliyah.

"You may not challenge her, have you not her the prophecy, have respect please Jamis " stilgar said clearly believing the prophecy.

"Then who will fight in her name?" Jamis continues.

"Jamis don't do this, don't. The night is fading" Stilgar says.

"Then the sun, shall witness this death" Jamis growled
"Where is her champion"

After a moment, angrily Paul stepped forward
"No please Paul don't" Aliyah begged.

He gave her a sad smile, nodding his head.

"I accept her champion" is the words that nearly went Aliyah tumbling to the ground. The thoughts of Paul dying made her sick to the stomach in fear.

⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆