EIGHT

Aliyah woke, cuddled into Paul's side, on a sand dune. She wouldn't have gotten up, but she felt a sense of fear due to the immense silence surrounding her.

She peeled herself say from his embrace, and Chani put her finger to her lips to the both of them. Aliyah glanced at Paul, clearly scared.

Danger was coming, that Aliyah could tell, but who. Harkonnens probably, she thought to herself. Her and Paul slightly sat up on their stomachs, watching the Fremen scatter from the sand dune.

Chani began to climb the dune, revealing Jessica who was behind her. Jessica signed "danger" to the two. Aliyah gave a look of fear to Stilgar who was on her left. He gave her a comforting look, before saying "stay here".

But Aliyah didn't want to stay there, if they did, they'd probably die. Most Fremen ran, hiding, waiting to attack. They caught a glimpse of some Sardauker troops, along with some Harkonnens.

Aliyah whimpered, she believed she would die, right there and right then. Paul them grabbed her hand, yanking her up, as Jessica stood too. They ran into a small cave, trying to conceal themselves.

Paul sat in front, keeping a watch to see more soldiers. He heard some tell out, and quickly leaned back against the wall, pulling an upset Aliyah with him too.

They watched the Harkonnens walk down the dune, fear moving around their bodies. Paul looked out once more seeing a Harkonnen walk closer to the tiny cave.

He felt a big rock under the sand and picked it up, and was ready to use it as a weapon. Just then a thumper went off, which turned the Harkonnens the other way.

The Harkonnens used air suits to climb up the rocks, and shooting the thumper, making it stop. Paul grabbed his girlfriends hand, and began to run up the rocks with her and his mother. They didn't make it far as dead Harkonnens started falling from the top of the rocks.

They landed hard and fast, the three jumped against the rocks, shielding themselves from the heavy bodies.

One however landed, but was not dead, he pulled out a sword, waiting to catch Fremen. Aliyah held in a cry, surely now their time would end, with no weapon's at all.

The man turned and saw the three standing at the rocks, Paul however had spotted a knife nearby and ran for it, getting it just in time. He began fighting with the man, and eventually killed him, stabbing him in the stomach.

Paul breathed loudly, and Aaliyah sighed in relief, however, a Harkonnen voice was standing on the top of the rocks, about to shoot him.

"Paul!" Aliyah yelled, getting his attention as he turned to see the man.

Just as he was about to shoot, Aliyah hit him hard on the back of the head with a large rock, once he fell, hitting him again, breaking his suit.

Jessica ran down, as well as Aliyah, scolding him for having his back to the enemy.

However, his attention was on Aliyah, who walked towards him slowly, silently crying. He knew why. She had just killed someone, and was not even used to violence.

He walked over to her, hugging her tightly and letting her cry into his chest.
"I-I just meant to knock him out he was going to hurt you" she cried.

"I know my love" he whispered kissing her head.

After a moment she pulled away, sighing.
"I'm sorry I think everything that's happened in the last 48 hours is now catching up to me" she said with a sad face.

Paul nodded, leaning down and kissing her, before pulling her in an embrace once more.

               ⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆

Around an hour later, the three walked down to Stilgar, who was taking the fluids out of the Harkonnens dead bodies.

"They do not usually venture this deep" stilgar said

"They want to make sure no Atreides escaped" Paul said.

"You think too much of yourself. No no we are in the deep desert. Only Fremen can survive here. They were here for us, not you three. Don't worry, I'm taking you to somewhere they will never find us" stilgar said.

Jessica looked at the Fremen taking the Harkonnens water, with a disgusted yet confused look on her face.

"Filth water, it's full of chemicals but, good enough for cooling system" Stilgar said

Jessica began gagging, and let's just say, it definitely wasn't going to stay down.

"Don't let it out" Stilgar warned

"You okay?" Aliayh asked putting her hand on Jessica's shoulder.

"Don't let it out!" He repeated.

Aliayh glared at him, she knows how horrible nausea is, perhaps one of the worst feeling ever.

Jessica gagged badly, stilgar yelled once more
"Don't let it out!" With a fearful look on his face.

She turned around, vomiting up her insides, making Aliayh turn feeling sick herself.

"Im okay" Jessica said sticking her hand out.

"Are you sure?" Paul asked.

"Mhm" she muttered, trying to not be sick again.

Aliyah was going to go over to her, but she knew she probably wanted to be alone for a minute.

"Liyah" Paul said, taking her hand and rubbing off some blood from it.

"It must have been the rock" she murmured.

He wiped some more blood off, before kissing her cut on her hand. "All better" he smirked.

She playfully shove him, before they listened to Stilgars yells to begin walking, to the "safe place", leaving the bodies behind.

Paul offered to help carry Jamis's body, so Aliyah walked with Jessica.

Once begging to walk Aliyah said
"You sure your ok?" With a smile.

"I'm fine, really, but thank you" she replied, putting an arm over her hand.

"And her, is she ok?" Aliayh said, pointing to Jessica's small pregnant stomach.

"She's fine" Jessica smiled.

Once getting into the rocks, they all walked through the winding gaps, almost like a street.

Paul saw Fremen staring at him, and he glanced back at his girlfriend, checking she was unharmed.

Aliyah smiled back at it, signaling she was just fine.

Stilgar made some mouth noises, obviously telling the Fremen not to attack or something like that.

A man climed down in front of Stilgar. He spoke something in Chakobsa, making Paul and Aliyah look to Chani for translation.

"He's asking why we're so late" she told them

"He thinks your spies" chani added

"Your not welcome here" the man said in Chakobsa.

"He said-" she began

"We got that"Aliyah said with a glare at the man.
Paul held back a laugh at her angry face.

"Stay close to me" stilgar said.

They continued walking towards an unknown place. They walked inside what looked like ancient built walls. 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘪𝘦𝘵𝘤𝘩, Aliyah realised. She also decided it definitively must be a type of worshipping ground.

They walked properly inside, seeing big crowds of people, quite angry looking people.

Aliyah gulped holding Paul's hand.

𝗪𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵 𝗮 𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸?

⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼට⋆⋆ටᆼ

First chapter of dune part two !!