5 | Disconnected & Stubborn

Start from the beginning

"Please, Dom. Don't say anything." Her voice was weak as she spoke. "It doesn't concern you, and I have it under-"

"Under control?" I scoffed. "Rosa, what's he doing to you?" My voice was deeper.

"Nothing." She touched her face. "It's fine."

I knew he was treating her like shit. I assumed verbal abuse and I could see he was controlling and demanding and all of that. I thought he was just a piece of shit with a woman too good for him. I didn't expect for him to- for him to be rough with her. I didn't know the extent of how much, but I was going to find out.

"I want to help you." I said. "Let me help you."

"Please." Rosa pleaded and grabbed my arm, trying to push me out of the room. Her voice was hoarse and she was avoiding looking at me, staring at the ground instead. "Dom, get out." She added and moved me out of the door.

I wanted her to touch me, but not like this. Not right now. Not because she couldn't tell me how much he was hurting her.

"Rosa." I stopped her from shutting the door on me. I leaned in. "I just want the best for you." I said softly.

Rosa stared at me, eyes lowering. Why does she keep doing that? "I don't need help." She concluded and shoved me once more to slam the door on my face.

All I could do was leave it for now. I walked down the hall and rubbed over my face in worry, wondering how the hell I was going to survive contently, knowing she needed help. Knowing she was just taking this from this guy.

I found Flo and Rhea, packing up for the night and went over. Avoiding Rhea and talking to Flo. "Flo, I need your help." I grabbed her hand.

She looked at me sweetly and concerned. "Hey, what's going on? Is everything alright?" She whispered it.

"Oi." Rhea snapped at us. "Careful with your hand."

I took my hand off quickly. "Not the time." I told her and she just glared at me as she also came over to listen to what I was saying. Ryan in her arms, nearly asleep. "I was just talking to Rosa. She's-" I whispered it. "Brauns hurting her."

Flo's face evened out. "Hurting her? What do you mean hurting her?"

"He's-" I didn't even want to say it let alone see it. Imagine it, or anything. "She has a bruise on her wrist. I know he's hurting her."Rheas eyebrows creased and Flo looked incredibly upset. "I tried talking to her but she won't admit it properly to me. I know it's true, and we've gotta help her. Can you try and talk to her?"

"Yeah, I'll see-"

Rheas cut her off. "She's not getting involved." She said it sharply. "Not if he's fucking abusive, Dom." She grabbed Flos arm. "We're not doing anything."

Flo looked at Rhea, and then to me. Like she was really really sorry about it. Back to Rhea. "Rhea..." She whispered. "I can't do nothing."

I looked between them, hopeful for there, at least Flos help.

"Flo. This isn't gonna happen." She said firmly. "It's not the same as a year ago, where you can just risk your bloody life again to help someone else. There's someone-" she glanced at Ryan all cute in her arms. "There's people who need you."

Flo looked at her softly. "But she's hurting."

Rhea looked at me. "How do you know for sure?" She eventually asked. "How don't you know they just like it rough?" She glanced at Flo. Who scratched her head in a little embarrassment, eyes floating around.