28: Eight Months Later 3

"Say... you are wearing this country's army uniform. But those people are calling you Your Highness. Are you a prince from whichever kingdom sent to a spy mission in this country?"

Veira asked the man with a cold expression. When she was a Great General, she had seen this kind of operation before. Although it was just one person sent in the army but if they had been there for a while and performing greatly, but people would end up trusting them with their backs during wars and higher ups would tend to promote them into important positions. Once that happened and they decided to betray, it crippled the military greatly.

In her opinion spies were comparable to pests. They needed to be killed as soon as possible.

"It is not good for a lady to know so much. As well as to point a sword to a man." Someone spoke behind her at the same time a tip of sword landed on her neck as well.

Veira sneered.

Again... It was all about ladies!!!

Since he was looking down on her, she would take advantage of it and give him the shock of his life.

With a few moves, she disarmed the other man then.

"Hmph! This meadow is my training ground. Tonight, you people disturb me and cost me one training. You're lucky I don't beat you all to pulp! Next time though, it won't be the same. If I see you both here again, I will make sure you're going home with even your mothers cannot recognize you anymore!"

Veira irritatingly said before she threw the sword of the man near his feet and then walked away.

Never mind! If this country really ends up in chaos in the near future, she would just take away her family to another country then.

It took time to settle down, yes. But it wouldn't be that hard as they had experienced now.

***

The next day, Veira woke up a bit later. She was irritated all night and slept later too. Kung hindi pa nga siya gisinging ni Lulu para magtanghalian ay hindi pa siya magigising.

"Umalis na si Lili?" Veira asked when she realized na silang dalawa lang ni Lulu ang nasa dining room. She didn't ask for Nanay Onang because based on the kitchen noise, she knew the older woman was busy in there.

"En... Kuya Fernan picked her up early."

"Good." Veira said as she massaged her forehead.

"Are you okay, Ate Veira?" The little ancestor asked.

"Yes. I just slept late." Then she remembered what Lili told her last night. "What about you? Are you confident with the exam today?"

Lulu looked at her with a hesitant look. She raised an eyebrow at her while eating a spoonful of food.

"Well?"

"Well, don't pressure me!" Lulu complained with a pout.

Veira chuckled unbelievably. This little ancestor really grew a gut! Dati ay ibang tao ang nirreklamo niya. Now, she could even do this to her.

She reached her hand on the latter's forehead and flicked.

"When did I pressure you, eh? Nagtatanong lang ako."

Lulu massaged her forehead. "Basta, I will answer the exam with all my best. But... But if I fail, you can't get angry at me, okay?" She said while playing with her fingers.

Veira was surprised for a moment. Then understanding passed by on her face. Guess, living a free life wasn't that easy to adjust to.

"Oo na po. If you fail, I will cook your favorite ulam."