3: Gifts and Suprises 2

The wedding proceeded without a hitch despite the episode between Veira and Gina.

In fact, no one even knew the two had that episode except for those people involved themselves.

And now, they were all gathered in the open area of the residence where the reception would be held.

Normally, in events like this, concubines were supposed to be busy too along with the servants of the house. But Veira sat amongst the guests as if she didn't notice the judging looks the people throwing at her.

Lulu didn't even convince her mistress to help serving. Why so? She might be demoted to a concubine now but she is still the first legitimate daughter of Prime Minister Tan. She was noble enough for her to serve the guests.

"Tch, tch... Is it because she does not have a mother that's why she is lacking etiquette? A concubine should know her place."

"I know. Does she expect being the daughter of Prime Minister can excuse her being inappropriate? Tch, no wonder she got demoted."

"No. I heard she can't get pregnant that's why she got demoted."

"En... I heard that too."

Either these guests were dumb and think she couldn't hear them or they were too mean to speak in hush voices like that.

Either way, Veira ignored them all.

Lulu even had improvement there. She heard those words too and felt bad for her mistress but unlike what happened a while ago with Gina, she held her tongue and temper this time. In front of all these people, she couldn't let her mistress get humiliated like that. Also, whatever they say, her mistress's maiden family status could still allow her to ignore the dos and don'ts of being a concubine so she would thicken her skin and sat there together with her mistress.

"The Heir of Duke Parvan and his newly wedded wife have arrived!"

That announcement instantly stole the focus of everyone and they all waited for the newly wed to join them in that reception area.

Soon, there were clappings and cheerings for the two protagonists today.

"Thank you... Thank you..." Gavin's voice could heard amongst the crowd. After thanking everyone, the host asked them to sit them.

While everyone were occupying their seats, Gavin finally caught a glimpse of Veira sitting amongst the crowd. And since he did so, the new Heir's Wife did so too.

A frown passed by on her face before whispering something to Gavin who said something back to her while caressing her arm as if coaxing her.

After that, he looked at host who took it as signal to proceed as usual.

But before he could even do so, series of announcements were heard.

"The Prime Minister has arrived!"

"The Third Prince has arrived!"

"The Second Prince has arrived!"

"The Crown Prince has arrived!"

People were amazed! These bigwigs' arrival had greatly given face to the Duke's mansion. Although... They were not sure about the Prime Minister.

Did he come here to redeem face for his daughter?

Could be, right? Kahit pa sabihing well-known sa buong bayan na hindi favored si Veira but her demotion from Heir's Wife to a concubine could be considered a slap to him too.

However, when he passed by where his daughter was sitting, he ignored her and proceeded to where the newly wed was and gave his congratulations to them.

People couldn't help throwing a pitiful look towards her then.

Unbeknownst to them though, Veira was nowhere near pitiful at all. Impact, she was very pleased as all the important characters for the show today had finally arrived.

After another round of greetings and thank yous, the bigshots were led to their seats. The host had once again taken the floor to finally begin the reception but he was beaten out of it by Veira.

***

"What are you doing?" Gavin asked Veira, this demoted wife of his.

After seeing her sitting there, he actually felt a little bit guilty towards her and so he coaxed his new wife to just ignored her. He was confident na hindi magiging dahilan ng kaguluhan si Veira after all, he kind of figure out her character sa loob ng anim na buwan na main wife niya ito.

That's why it was truly unexpected for him when she ignored him, stood up, put her hands joined together and slightly bowed towards the Crown Prince.

"Your Highness! I implore you to set me free from my suffering!"

Everyone began to talk in hushed voices. Was this woman crazy? How could she talked to the Crown Prince like that?

They turned their eyes at His Highness and found him frowning at her.

Oh no! Would she be killed today?

One of the Crown Prince's people started to berate her but was stopped by the Second Prince.

"Now, now... Isn't this interesting? Why don't we let the lady continue talking, eh?" He said with the voice full of intention to enjoy this show. In his mind, kahit pa nasa faction niya si Gavin but since she addressed the Crown Prince, then this must be a good show to watch.

The Third Prince, on the other hand, simply drank his wine but his people also stood in front of the Crown Prince's.

The Crown Prince's expression turned cold after seeing what his great brothers were doing. Then he looked at Veira.

"Madam, I have no connection to you so why ask me to free you from your sufferings? Shouldn't you ask your father instead?" There was a warning in his voice as he spoken these words to her.

Agad namang nilapitan ni Gavin si Veira.

"Your Highness! Please ignore my concubine! She is not in her right mind!"

Tapos ay hinarap niya si Veira with his eyes fiercely looking at her. "Guards! Come and take this woman back to her courtyard."

Veira's eyes glinted then before everyone could comprehend what happened, her hands were already pinning the Heir on the table.

Gasps were heard around them.

The scene was quite amazing actually. She was a petite lady. Her thin arms didn't look strong at all. The Heir, on the other hand, was tall and built very manly. But even though he tried to use his man strength to escape her grip, he couldn't do so at all.

"You dare!" Duke Parvan (Gavin's father) yelled while pointing at her. Her mother in law almost fainted due to her insolence. The new Heir's Wife was sobbing beside the two.

"I am sorry, Your Grace, but today, I have to get justice for myself and divorce your son."

Really amazing! She was still speaking like a timid and gentle person as she usually do. If you ignore the fact that she was pinning down her husband on the table, they might still say a few demeaning words towards her. But now, they could only be speechless for fear of getting pinned down by her too.

"If you want divorce, you don't have to do this at all!" Gavin said loudly.

"No. It should be me divorcing you today. Plus, I have to clear my name which you sullied when you let your mother demoted me as a concubine."

"Don't!" Gavin began to panic. No! They could not let her do this!

He once again tried to force her to let go but her hands were holding him firmly. Then he caught his father's eyes. No one knew what the secret between him and Veira but the old man being old fox that he was, understood his son's gaze right away. Whatever that secret, it must not be announced today.

He signaled the guards to grab Veira once again but the lady was quick. She grabbed one of Gavin's shoulder and dislocated it.

Gavin's painful cry rang all over the reception area.

***