7: Freemen 3

Thus, the hunt for Veira started then.

The Duke's mansion naturally didn't really mind those banknotes. They are imperial relatives. That few banknotes could be easily gained again after some time.

However, the Duke realized that this can be taken as a chance to get even towards Veira for what she did today. He quickly commanded to chase her. He even had someone to report it to authorities so they could help them capture her.

An eye for an eye...

Since she ruined their Duke's mansion's reputation, he would return the favor to her.

Naturally, inakala niya kahit gaano man katapang si Veira, she would still go back to her maiden family house.

How wrong was he!

It was quickly reported to him na hindi dumeretso ang dalawang karwahe ni Veira sa Prime Minister Residence. Instead, one of them drove towards East and the other South.

He realized then that this woman has too much gut! And she clearly planned this day too well.

"Go and chase after her!"

When his people reported it to the authority, of course, nakarating din agad iyon sa mga Princes.

The Second Prince swiped the contents on his table out of anger. The lost of the Duke's face was also his loss! Of course, he would be angered because that woman didn't just step on Gavin's face but his as well.

"Go and chase after her!"

On the Third Prince's side, he was naturally in the good mood after what happened today. The Duke's Heir's incident could be considered as lost of face for both the Crown Prince and the Second Prince. Plus, the brave words that Veira said to the Crown Prince really gave him a better impression of her. It even increased when he heard that she stole the Duke's mansion's banknotes and had the two carriages go East and South.

"Go and chase after her."

The Third Prince said after chuckling. "Lend her a hand if she needs help. No need to hide your identity. It is okay for them to know that This Prince is helping her."

If the Second and Third Prince received the report of what Veira did, of course, the Crown Prince did so. He couldn't help scratching the tip of his nose after he heard the report.

That woman was really a trouble. After the fanfare she did this morning during the Duke's Heir's mansion, who would have thought na hindi pa pala siya tapos.

What a gutsy woman!

He stood up and grabbed a pouch of gold coins from his drawer.

"Let's go."

"Go where, Your Highness?"

"Go and chase after her."

***

At this time, Veira, Lulu, Lili and Nanay Onang were resting in a small courtyard near the sea port.

Of course, Veira had Nanay Onang to rent this place as part of her escape plan. She reckoned it is much better to stay in a small courtyard kesa sa inn sila magrent ng kwarto. The less people saw them, the harder for her hunters to find them.

Anyway, the small courtyard was literally a small one. It has one main room and two sides room, just exactly what they needed.

Isang gabi lang naman sila na magsstay doon. The next morning, they would board a ship that would lead to their freedom. She was not afraid na malaman ng mga humahabol sa kanya ang barko na sasakyan nila bukas. After all, that ship would drop off passengers into several places. With lots of possibilities, she doubted if those people could still spare time and resources just to go after her.