6: Freemen 2

"Is that true?! Are you really impotent?!" The mother of new Heir's Wife questioned Gavin nang wala ng mga bisita at maiwan na lang ang pamilya nila doon.

Up until now, she couldn't believe what had happened during the wedding reception.

Her family might not an imperial relative but her husband was still a first rank official. To have her daughter embroiled in the middle of scandal like this...

What a blasphemy!

How else could her daughter continue living? People would definitely use the Heir's impotence to bully her in the future!

Akala pa man din niya ay good marriage ang namamagitan sa anak niya at sa Heir. Who would have thought that it would be ruined now?

Should she have her daughter divorce right away?

"My Lord... We cannot leave our daughte here. Should we..." She faced her husband and started to ask for his opinion but had to stop speaking as soon as she saw the warning in his eyes.

Of course, he wanted to go back home and took his daughter with them too. This marriage is a huge joke. However, he had to consider the bigger picture.

If he agreed to divorce today, that would add to the insult that the Duke's mansion received today from that woman. If he did so, it might ended up to a bigger mess.

So instead of looking at the blackened side of this situation, he had to look for the bright side. Now that everyone knew the Heir's situation, it would be equivalent to them wronging their family! He could use this to leverage against them so that in the future, if he needed any assistance, they had no choice but to lend a hand.

The Duke Parvan's mansion is still a big backer at this very moment.

On the other hand, the new Heir's Wife had seen what occurred between her mother and father.

Originally, these two doted on her a lot. Whatever she wanted, she would get it.

She had always liked Gavin the first time she saw her. She was fifteen at that time and he was eighteen. Noon pa man, she already made up her mind to be his wife.

However, he got married to Veira. She was truly heart broken at that time. She cried a lot. Namayat pa nga siya ng husto dahil wala siyang ganang kumain.

Her parents did their best to console her but to no avail.

Until one day, his father told her na narinig niya mula kay Gavin na madedemote si Veira as concubine. That means the position as his wife would be vacant once again.

She finally had the vigor to live!

She did her best to nurture her health back to normal. She was even touched ng malaman niya na noong depress siya ay nilapitan ng ama niya ang binata. He was considering to enter her in the Duke's mansion kahit man lang as Second Wife.

The Heir was aware of her love for him and he was touched.

Once she looked and felt better, he visited her several times. They got time to nurture feelings between them. Hanggang sa humantong sila sa kasalang ito.

The Heir's Wife still loved Gavin even at this point of time. Even after the humiliation she got today, she still loved him.

However, she thought na ipaglalaban din siya ng kanyang mga magulang dahil sa nangyari. That they might want to take her back home with them.

Her mother had the intention, of course. But her father...

Apparently, in the face of greater opportunity, his parental love towards her was just so-so.

Her heart couldn't help turning cold because of this. Idagdag pa na hindi niya alam kung anong gagawin?

This was supposed to be the happiest day of her life. Isang beses lang siyang ikakasal sa buong buhay niya. At sa pinakamamahal pa niyang lalaki.

But that woman happened to choose this day too to air the Heir's secret..

Her wedding today was ruined. The reception was cut short and ended right away after na makagawa ulit ng panibangong edict ang Crown Prince para kay Veira.

Sino pa bang gaganahan na ituloy ang kasalang iyon?

Oh well, meron pala! Those people who loved seeing other families' dirty laundry being aired out and open. As well, as one's own enemies.

In case of Duke Parvan's Mansion, naturally, there were many of those kind of people surrounding them. What's more, Veira's great revelation had already spread out in the whole Capital!

"Shut up! What impotent, huh?! That woman lies!" Gavin's mother reacted quite late towards her mother's questioning to the Heir.

"If he isn't, then is he man at all? Which man won't consummate their marriage with their wives like your son?! You duped us! I should not have married my daughter in your house!"

"Sa pagkakaalala ko, yang anak mo ang desperada para maikasal sa anak ko. Didn't she even get depressed not eating and all after na makasal ni Gavin kay Veira? Your husband even encouraged the meeting between the two ever since he found out na may chance na mademote si Veira as concubine, di ba?

"Huh! Don't you get any idea! You married your daughter today in my house. One divorce is enough. I will never let another one to happen!"

The new Heir's Wife father's face turned dark after hearing the Heir's mother's rants.

He didn't know na alam pala ng buong pamilya nila lahat ng pinaggagagawa niya noon. Of course, he didn't want anyone else to know na hinayaan niyang kitaan ng anak niyang dalaga ang lalaking may asawa pa noong mga panahong iyon.

Meanwhile, the Duke finally felt it was the right time to intervene. He also approved of his wife's rant and she basically conveyed the most important things he wanted to say.

One Veira was enough! This second marriage of his son, no matter what happened, could never be divorced at all. Since it was clearly voiced out by his wife already, he could do his job as a good cop now.

"Ehem... My Grace, kalmahin mo ang iyong sarili. This day is already bad enough. Let us not fight each other too, okay?"

That was what he wanted to say to his wife but never did so because he was interrupted by his manservant.

"Y-your Grace!"

"Ben! We are having family meeting right now!"

"I... I am sorry, Your Grace, but we have a big problem!"

Duke Parvan realized the seriousness in his manservant's expression.

"What is it?"

"That... that woman! She took all the banknotes in the treasury with her!"

"WHAT?!"

***