11: New Home 1

Veira, Nanay Onang, Lili and Lulu finally arrived at their destination. Ilang araw din silang nagbyahe sa karagatan.

Although the view along the way was impeccable, Veira still felt travel worn. Or maybe it was because she was lacking exercise?

Come to think of it, this body is too weak. If her spirit did not retain her innate strength, she would not really be able to pin Gavin on the table. She made a mental note to strengthen this body once they settled in their new place.

Fortunately, they already reached this location. Originally, when she was deciding where to go, she thought of just asking for the tickets which would lead them to the farthest destination the ship could go.

However, naisip din niya agad na malamang ay maisip din iyon ng mga humahabol sa kanila. And so she decided to pick the third location before the last stop.

The place is called Aplaya Town. It is the farthest town of H Capital, under the governance of Z Province.

Veira felt this place was just perfect for them to build their new life. Of course, she didn't plan to stay here all her life. Maybe for three to five years, yes?

After that, maybe they would go to the main town of Z Province or even further than that. Maybe the capital?

But right now, she would definitely take her root in this country from this place.

"Let's rest in one of the port's inn bago tayo maghanap ng permanente nating residence." Veira told her acquaintances na agad namang sumang-ayon sa kanya.

They finally got a chance to wash up properly and sleep on a still bed that night.

The next day, they woke up energized. Inaasahan na nila Nanay Onang na mapapagod sila ng husto sa araw na iyon dahil maghahanap sila ng magiging residence nila sa lugar na ito. Fortunately, Veira saved them from trouble and simply inquired things to the innkeeper.

Mukhang may specific na residence na hinahanap si Veira kaya naman hinayaan na lang siya ng tatlo na magdecide. After all, what they would spend was her money. Extra baggage lang sila nito.

After half an hour of talking, Veira said her thank yous to the innkeeper and bid him goodbye.

"Ate Veira, nasagot ba ng innkeeper ang lahat ng katanungan mo?" Lulu asked.

And yes, she was able to convince them na palitan na nila ang tawag sa kanya. They also realized na hindi na angkop ang pagtawag nila sa kanya ng Miss lalo pa at nalaman nila mula sa pagtatanong tanong nila noong nasa barko sila na iba ang honorifics na ginagamit nila sa bansang ito.

Kaya naman para hindi sila masyadong mangibabaw, they wore their clothes and spoke their words. Lili and Lulu called her Ate Veira habang si Nanay Onang naman ay tanging Veira na lamang.

"En... Don't worry. I will make sure na may maayos kang tutuluyan ngayong araw." She told Lulu at the same time poking her cheeks.

Then she started to tell them about the place they would live in.

She asked the innkeeper kung meron bang barangay sa town na iyon na hindi lamang pangingisda ang pangunahing ikinabubuhay ng mga residente kundi pati na rin pagsasaka.

The innkeeper blurted a name right away.

Barangay Rojo.

Bukod sa malapit ito sa dalampasigan, ang mga naninirahan doon ay may mga plot of lands to farm too.

Veira quickly asked for more information as well as the process kung paano bumili ng bahay sa lugar na iyon.

After sharing that to them, the other three also thought it was a good place to settle in. They could just buy resources from their neighbors. And later, they could even buy their own farming plots and cultivate crops by themselves.

"Natanong mo ba kung papaano tayo pupunta sa barangay na iyon?" Nanay Onang asked.

"En... Tutal naman ay naririto na tayo sa bayan, iniisip kong bumili na din tayo ng horse cart. Hindi lang natin ito gagamitin ngayong araw patungo sa Barangay Rojo, magagamit din natin ito sa magiging business natin."

Business?

The trio looked at each other, clearly unsure of what business Veira was thinking.

"Let's focus on getting a house first, okay? I will tell you my plan soon."

They agreed to her then they started to ask around kung saan may bilihan ng horse cart doon.

"Horse cart ba kamo? Kung gusto ninyo, pumunta kayo doon sa paradahan ng mga cart at kumausap kayo ng mga kutsero doon. Pwede rin naman na bumili na lang kayo ng kabayo at magdiretso sa carpentry shop at magpagawa ng kariton. Mabilis lang naman yun magawa. Tapos din yun ngayong araw."

Veira thought for a moment and decided for the second option.

Tutal ay gagastos rin naman siya ng pera ay yung bagong gawa na ang bibilhin niya.

Agad nilang pinuntahan ang dalawang lokasyon na itinuro sa kanila ng napagtanungan nila at saka bumili ng kabayo at nagpagawa ng kariton.

They left the horse in the store first. Then they spent time walking around the market buying some basic necessities they would need once they already bought their own house.

Nagcanvas na rin sila nga mga furnitures na bibilhin nila sa mga susunod na araw. Ganun rin ng mga tela, gamit sa kusina at kung ano ano pang importante sa bahay.

When lunch came, they simply chose to eat to one of those carinderias.

Finally, a little bit more time of waiting, they got back to the carpentry shop at nang sabihin ng mga tao doon na tapos na nila ang kariton, Veira went to get the horse herself and rode it back to the shop.

The carpenters helped them secure the cart on the horse. After some time, they were good to go.

They loaded on the cart lahat ng pinamili nila then Nanay Onang along with Lulu sat at the back. Si Veira naman ang nasa unahan. Lili decided to sit with her upang magpaturo na rin na magpatakbo ng kabayo.

Naturally, she realized na hindi lamang dapat si Veira ang marunong na gumawa nito. She even decided na once na marunong na siya na magpatakbo ng kabayo, siya naman ang magtuturo kay Lulu.

Their Miss knew how to ride a horse dahil isa ito sa etiquette training niya noong nasa Prime Minister residence pa siya. But now, they also needed to do this too.

***

After an hour drive on a horse cart, narating na din nila ang Barangay Rojo. Sa bukana pa lamang ay kita na nila ang mga farming plots na berdeng berde ang kulay.

Veira felt excited.

In her first life, she used to mingle to the farmers na malapit sa barracks nila. Whenever she had free time, she would visit them and learn a thing or two about cultivating crops.

You see, she always wanted this kind of life. She thought it was more peaceful. She decided then na after nilang maconquer ang mga kalaban sa northern border, she would retire and buy a house and farm plots in that area. She wanted that peaceful life. Unexpectedly...

Veira shook her head and contained her thoughts. Now was not the time to reminisce.

They should go to the Barangay Captain's house discussed about a house and plots acquisition.

***