"The same way that I become free," she says. "You are bound by the angels and demons. For you to return to yourself, you need to kill them all."

Kill them all? I didn't know where to start, where to begin-

"Don't worry. Luckily for you, I have the answers," her calm voice says as if she can read my mind perfectly. "And yes, I heard that too, I can read your mind."

"Mimics can only die one way," she tells me. "If somebody speaks your name. You need to kill every angel that knows your name, and then, you must make Adonis forget your name."

"Forget? How - and I want him dead, not to forget," I say angrily as I look down at my stab wound.

"You will not be able to kill all the angels and demons yourself, Luella, a mimic is not that strong," she tells me. "You need to make somebody do it for you. Somebody strong - somebody like Adonis."

I fall silent for a moment as I think. But she is fast to talk again. She says, "Come on, Luella. With the angels and demons wiped out, we could create peace on Earth, peace is not caused by angels or demons. They've all turned on you and they'll do it again. Don't you want to be a God?"

I turn and look back in the mirror. I look at my face - at who I was now. The angels turned on me. A demon turned on me. They both want to rule. But neither of them should - I should. 

"I do," I reply, and I can feel her smile. 

And so, I listened to her. 

I returned to Heaven and slaughtered every angel that knew my name. I did not steal anybody's identity, I wanted Adonis to see me. I'm not sure how she knew, but she knew where Adonis was, and I went right there.

He's at a graveyard. He stands at one while holding flowers. I watch from behind him. 

"Mourning the dead?" I question. "How sad."

He did not recognize my voice. And neither did I. It had changed, the same as my appearance. He slowly turned around. I watched his eyes. While my hair and eye color may be different, my facial features remain the same. I watch him realize that it's me. 

"You're alive," he whispers. He looked shocked.

"Yea, I am," I reply in the graveyard. "You stab like shit."

I begin walking toward him. Mind control - she says I can do it - I'm about to find out if that's true. He begins to say as I approach him, "Lu-"

"Don't say my name," I snap and cut him off. 

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," he starts apologizing with tears in his eyes. "I don't know why I did it, I didn't want to, they were telling me to and I couldn't control myself-"

I end his rambling, "You should've killed me, Adonis, because now you are truly going to wish I was dead. I would've done anything for you, anything."

"I know," he nods, he looks emotional, I find myself questioning why he did not look at me like a monster when I looked this way. "I love you."

"You don't get to say you love me," I raise my voice as my black hair blows around. I do as she tells me to and place my hands against the sides of his face, and the second I do, his eyes turn white just like mine. "I am going to bring peace to this Earth, Adonis, the one that you and the angels do not appreciate. I am going to become a God this world deserves." 

I can see my reflection in his white eyes. I was a new person now. The woman who got betrayed was no more. I wanted revenge now, revenge on him, revenge on everybody. And this was how I was going to get it.

"You are going to forget me, Adonis," I say, using mind control for the first time. "You forget you ever met me. You've never met anybody named Luella. You've spent these years by yourself in the city in a house you hate and you do not remember a house near the water. You are not going to remember this, and you are going to leave."

I remove my hands from his face and watch as his eyes return to a normal color. I watch the brown eyes I had loved so much return. And they look at me, but this look is different. He does not see the girl he was married to. He sees a stranger.

He turns and walks away. Just as I had told him to. Although I was angry, although I wanted revenge, I would be a liar if I said I did not miss him. I was forced to grieve the death of him although he was still alive - the death of the man I thought he was. 

I stand in the graveyard, watching my former lover walk off, and I look down at the ring. I slowly pull it off my fingers which are stained in my blood from the wound.

I drop it on the ground in front of me. And that's when I noticed it.

He had created a grave for me. 

Word Count: 1526