Chapter 21 - Operation: Actors of Acting

Start from the beginning

"You must be the disasters that grandmother talked about. What are you doing here? Didn't you see a while ago that you aren't welcome here?"

Deon flawlessly lied, acting like he had never met Eruhaben and the other's at all. It was easy to lie even if they tried to shut him up and never let him get a say in thing. After all, lying was what helped him survive when he was Kim Rok Soo and Cale Henituse.

"So you're with her huh... Tell me, where is Cale Henituse."

"You're very much demanding. But I do not know who you are talking about, at least give me a description of him."

"He has blood red hair and reddish brown eyes, he's in his early twenties, and has a more feminine body."

"Ah, you must be talking about the young man who ran past us a while ago. He came from the mountains and immediately ran off somewhere over there I assume."

Ran and Dan stayed silent as they watched Deon perfectly lie about his identity and where this 'Cale Henituse' was at. Deon could tell what they were thinking but continued on with his lie as he pointed to the left.

"Thank you. Let's go Choi Han."

Eruhaben took Choi Han and immediately left to go find 'Cale' who was right there all along. Deon made sure they left before taking off the bracelet and putting his mask back on. It seemed that the plan had work. He was skeptical if it would since they could tell if he dyed his hair but thankfully they didn't, it was most likely due to the neckpiece that blocked out any aura from ancient powers and divine powers altogether.

'That was close, thankfully they bought my lie. Even if they go there and not find Cale they'll assume he ran away to somewhere else.'

Deon turned back to the young duo and thanked them for going along with his plan. They could just chose not to and out him to them right then and there but they didn't. Of course Deon just assumed that.

In reality they would go with his plan either way because that was what they were instructed to do so by their grandma, adding onto the fact that Deon would be in danger if he was found out by them.

"I'm starting to think you aren't safe anywhere."

"You're probably right about that."

He couldn't even refute Ran's claim because she was right. Deon did indeed (somehow) attract all kinds of troublesome people around him.

"I might start shutting myself in my room to avoid everyone at this point."

Deon sighed as he walked back to the village with Ran and Dan behind him. While walking back he dreaded having to go to the Demonic Realm once again. It was going to be a nightmare when he gets back.

***

"So this is the palace..."

Dan looked at the palace with curiosity in his eyes. This was his first time seeing such an extravagant place. Deon however got bored to the sight of both the Empire and the Demonic Realm.

'Going back and forth to the Demonic Realm and back to the Empire makes me tired. Should I be glad that Eruhaben and Choi Han can't really trespass there?'

Deon walked through the palace grounds, ignoring the looks on people when they noticed him bring in Dan with him.

"Stay here, I'll be right back."

"I got it."

Deon immediately left to the Emperor's office after he received an answer from Dan. He honestly didn't want to go to the Demonic Realm, but it's somewhat safer than here at least right? He doesn't need to be chased by assassins and the only thing that might get him killed are the missions he goes on (forcefully).

"Ah, Honorary Count Hardt."

"Your Majesty."

"Thank you for the report you gave me last time, it was extremely helpful."

"I only did what I had to do." I had to do it for the slacker life.

"Hmm, you probably already know this since you were the one that gave me the document back. But I'm going to wage war on the Ileon Kingdom."

'That sounds so nice. Thank god I'm being left out of this.'

Deon stood still as the Emperor walked closer to him. He could already tell what was going to come out of the Emperor's mouth.

"I want you to head to the Demonic Realm and make sure the Demon King doesn't get involved with the war."

"Yes Your Majesty." I doubt he will anyways.

Deon took his leave after receiving Eduardo finish giving his orders. When he arrived outside he was met with two nobles messing with a (not so) calm Dan.

"Haah... What is going on here?"

He couldn't help but sigh. Do people here in the palace have nothing to do that they have to go after some innocent kid?

"My Lord..."

"E-eek! Count Hardt."

'Since when did this kid call me lord?'

Deon stared at Dan with an emotionless look. Giving a death glare to the servants that screamed — mess with me or any of my people and I'll personally kill you myself

He huffed as he watched the servants flee away from just a look from him. Sometimes he was glad to be referred to as the 'Vampire Count' if being a vampire count can really get people to run away from him, he will gladly do just that.

(Maybe they were awestruck by your beauty..)

"It's time to head home and then leave again. But are you really okay with leaving your village like that?"

"I can always visit them whenever I can."

'That's true...'

Dan was able to walk back and forth between the village and the estate. Though it'd take some time, he could still do it. Besides he was definitely way stronger than him anyways.

"If you have anything you want just tell Remember, he is my butler. I'll be gone from the estate for a while."

"Yes!"

Dan happily followed Deon back to the estate. At times like this, he really did appear to be like a kid (and a dog). It made him notice that most of the novels he had read all had mostly no good endings to it at all.

And he always managed to end up in that said novel.

***

twi words, goodluck deon.