Chapter 79

You told him everything that has happened since your dad came back

You told him everything that has happened since your dad came back. Almost like he was your goddamn therapist.

Oh and he was livid.

Like mentioned before, he used to beat the shit out of guys like this for money, but boy did he enjoy it.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" He asked you as he put out his cigarette on the pavement.

"It's none of your business, respectfully." You tried not to snap back at him. You were handling the situation well enough on your own. You just needed a small favor.

"Fair." He laughed almost pitifully. "But if you want me to help you then I need to know more."

Before you could say anything he already started again.

"It's not that I don't trust you. But I need to know more for my own safety." He pushed further. "You get what I mean, right?"

You nodded your head.

He already knew about everything else. You had to tell at least one person just in case you came up missing or something. And he was your backup, through and through.

"Yeah, of course." You agreed with him.

It was only fair.

"My dad is in China, on business. He'll be back in two days. When he arrives at the airport, I want to keep track of his car." You stopped to think for a second. "That car, which I've confirmed, is the main one he uses to go anywhere. It's important that I keep track of where it goes at all times. At least as much as possible."

"Alright, well what do you think he's going to do when he gets back?" He already somewhat knew the answer.

"A girl already turned up dead in Seoul just before he left. It was his signature- I'm sure of it."

He didn't like how desperate it was, the way you clung onto every word.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Of course." You answered hastly.

He gave you a nod and stood up abruptly.

"It's getting late, I'll drive you home."

He held out his hand to pull you up and you grabbed it thankfully.

You remembered how you were going to have to stay the night at that one place that was exposed to some thugs, one of the main reasons why you asked for Gabriel's help.

There was no certainty that they would come back, especially not after the beating they received from Samuel.

And the place was pretty beaten up, so the doors were fragile and the locks might aswell be non-existent.

This was one of the details you left out.

"Don't worry about that, just take me to that one barbeque place that has the old woman with the cat." You shrugged as he gave you a weird look.

"Sure..." He reached inside the back door quickly for an umbrella so that the two of you could walk to his car in the rain easily. "And you don't want me to take you straight to your apartment?"

"No." You answered bluntly. It'd be better to shut that down now than let him keep asking unnecessary questions.

He didn't say anything, but he gave you a curt nod and walked side by side with you. You noticed how he didn't hesitate to have his shoulder soaked as he tried to keep you protected from the down pour. It brought a small smile to your face.

......

The day was officially over as you had finally made the walk to your new home. It was dirty and so very empty.

You heard about places for runaways to stay and thought about taking up an offer at one while this place gets cleaned up and secured, but those places are always sketchy.

After some research you were able to consider yourself actually lucky. You have the knowledge and opportunity to want something and just take it. If it weren't for your experience in forging documents then you would have never had this roof over your head or the money to make it happen. And that's not something the average person can take advantage of. Especially not a runaway teenager.

Looking around at the disappointment you figured you were going to have to make it work, at least for a couple nights.

Gabriel has the tracker and he can easily plant it. But there is still a major problem.

The tracker isn't live. That means that when he plants it, he also has to get it back at some point to see where the GPS has been.

But that was a concern for a later date, for now you just had to make sure the first part worked.

-------------

Started: March 20th,2024
Finished: March 27th, 2024

Can we please have a 3 day weekend? Or lower the cost of therapy?

Also I will be making a mha or lookism breaking bad crossover after this book is completed, I just need to decide which one >:) spring break is coming up so more updates soon and we're going to gear back towards the main plot.

Would you like to continue?