Chapter 27

"How are you [y/n]?" Daniel smiled brightly at you as he finished up his lunch tray

Duke and Jiho, who you just learned about, seemed very awkward on either side of Daniel.

"Hm? I'm good, just a little tired." You were a bit awkward yourself. You sat here because Duke was here, but now you don't know what to say. You were waiting for Daniel to open up about something you could go deeper in, but he was just smiling cluelessly.

"So, what does the fashion dept. Plan to do for the festival?"

You rested your elbow on the table and your chin on the palm of your hand.

"I think the seniors and juniors are doing a fashion show." Jiho smiled as he crossed his arms on the table.

"You guys aren't doing it?" You tilted your head.

"I don't think so..." Daniel was also confused.

"Hmm.. so are you guys just going to have a look around at the other classes?" You said.

"Pretty much, but we're still going to have to help the upperclassmen until it's over." Jiho looked annoyed at the thought of it.

Daniel agreed with Jiho as they both seemed down.

But then Jiho's mood changed.

"Daniel, you'll probably be busy too considering the auction..."

You were all confused.

"Auction? What's that?" You leaned in.

"You guys didn't know? All the attractive guys are sold in an auction for a date."

You busted out laughing and hit the table.

"You've got to be kidding me. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of!" You didn't think he was serious at all.

Meanwhile, Daniel felt shivers go up his spine at the thought alone.

"No, it's real." Jiho looked you in the eyes and patted Daniels shoulder.

"It was nice knowing you.." You faked cried while teasing Daniel, which made him freak out even more. Duke was smiling at your antics.

Time was up, and lunch was officially over. People started getting up and leaving the cafeteria.

You and Duke got up first and started walking away.

"See you." You waved at Daniel and Jiho, and they waved back. You were going to make sure to sit with them again. They were a lot more fun than you thought.

---------------

"Hey, Mira." You opened your front door and placed your bag on the ground next to your shoes.

"[Y/n], what are you planning to do during the festival?"

You hummed while going to your fridge and looking around.

"Me, Duke, Daniel, and Jiho were planning to look around together after the fashion show and after Duke's performance."

You suddenly froze for a second.

I forgot to tell them that Duke was performing...

You wedged your phone between your ear and shoulder while grabbing a water bottle from the fridge.

"Really? Can I join?"

You went to your room and sat down on your bed.

"Yeah, sure, you don't need to ask. But what about your other friends?"

You heard her sigh from the other side of the line and regretted asking.

"They already have plans.. but also Zack is probably going to join, too, if I'm with you guys..."

You laid on your back and crossed your legs as you opened the bottle of water and took a sip.

"Yeah, I know, that's not a problem too."

Your eyes were getting heavy, and you sighed as you felt the fatigue in your body subside.

"We still have time before the festival, so anything could happen."

You heard her yawn as she spoke.

"I know.. are you free tomorrow after school?"

You held your hand in your head and thought for a moment.

You had school tomorrow, then you had to get ready to meet Crystal, which included checking with your car and the people who were supposed to accompany you. You also needed to keep your health in check in case It interfered with anything.

You didn't see any part in which you had free time during, after, or before that.

"Sorry, I don't think I am.."

You picked up a bottle of pills on your nightstand. It was for colds but also had a melatonin effect. And you took it with some of the water.

"Don't worry, it's fine."

You could practically hear the pitiful smile she gave you as she talked.

You were definitely going to have to find a way to make it up to her one of these days.

"I'll see you soon Mira, goodnight."

"Yeah, goodnight [y/n]."

You hung up and placed your phone on the charger next to your bed, also setting an alarm for school.

Your condition wasn't getting much better since you went to school but you were hoping the medicine along with you going to bed on time would be able to make it at least a little bit better by tomorrow.

----------------

Started: September 23rd, 2023
Finished: September 23rd, 2023

Why tf do I need to pay 5 gdamn dollars just to get a driver's permit.

5 dollars.

Would you like to continue?