Chapter 28

You fixed up your uniform, and you haphazardly put it on after you woke up in order to make sure you were on time to school

You fixed up your uniform, and you haphazardly put it on after you woke up in order to make sure you were on time to school. This way, you would have more time to go ahead and get everything ready for when you finished school.

You laid out a nice-looking pair of formal clothes. Nothing you usually wear, but then you weren't trying to be yourself. You were trying to act.

You picked up your stuff and made it out of your apartment. This was going to be a rough day.

You picked up your phone and dialed a number.

Click-

"I need the car ready by 5:30, the dinner is reserved for 7, so that gives us about an hour and 30 minutes to get everything ready and make it there. Any delays?"

You heard shuffling around on the other end of the phone.

"No ma'am, we should be ready to go by then. But I don't know if the time is going to be enough."

You groaned and pinched the bridge of your nose.

"Why is that?"

"There's going to be construction going on by the main road, which will back up traffic and cut off the main path, so it'll probably cost us an extra 30 minutes."

"Alright then, we'll leave earlier. But also we should leave as soon as possible in that case. So we can be prepared for any other setbacks."

It's better to be early than late.

This wasn't going to be a serious problem. You already planned everything else out, and school should be a piece of cake.

"Alright, boss, see you later."

You hung up and looked through your phone a bit more. You already checked in with Crystal to make sure she wasn't going to cancel.

You were going to have to notify Eugene after school that you were planning to go today so he would finally lay off of you.

He always has these perfect little ideas in his head about how things should go, but since you were doing this your own way, it got under his skin a bit.

You took some more medicine this morning. Your fever had subsided a lot compared to the past couple of days. And so far, even outside, it didn't spike in any way. You would just have to hope that it would stay that way throughout school.

You needed to hope that since you were going to do this big thing that Eugene would be willing to give you a break, assuming you execute this as you plan to.

-------------

"Hey Duke." You smiled at him and placed your bag on the floor beside your desk.