Chapter 51 Amanda Waller

Start from the beginning

“..... Is this what the inhabitants of this planet experience?” She replied with a question after a moment of silence. The news reports had been taken off the screen.

“Pretty much”. The male said leisurely.

“Earth is a rather, peculiar place in the universe. It always is, same in almost every universe”. The male wore a tight-fitting T-shirt with long pants, star like eyes with purple irises which would give off a small shimmer every now and then.

He raised an eyebrow at the female, who stayed silent, seemingly in deep thought.

“What do you make of it?” His soft voice reached her ears. For some reason, it made her feel a slight tingle, causing her body to twist a little. Barely noticeable.

Tucking her luscious hair behind the ears, the blonde responded.

“...... Chaotic". This was the only word she could use to describe what she was seeing. Compared to her home planet where there was order, where there was peace, where there were rules and everyone followed them, the earth sounded and looked a lot like those lawless civilizations she had heard about in the kryptonian archives.

Planets housing outlaws, criminals, bounty Hunters, people wanted all over the universe.

With so many dangerous people coming together in a singular place, many being people who live on the other end of a laser blaster and no government ruling over the planet with absolute authority, it was understandable that such places were existing.

It confused her even more how somewhere like earth could be likened to such a place,  At least those planets had no ruling authority. They couldn't even be classified as civilizations.

“Right”. He nodded nonchalantly. “That's their way of life”.

“...... The people of this planet are destroying themselves”. She uttered in a low voice.

“Meh! It hasn't gotten to that point yet, but if nothing goes wrong, they'll get there soon enough”.

The earth in every DC universe was a magnet for all things wrong, troublesome and dangerous. The number of disasters it attracted was nothing to scoff at.

Even if earthlings didn't destroy themselves, someone or something else would “kindly” help them out.

The female raised an eyebrow.

“You don't seem awfully concerned”.

“Give me one good reason why I should be”. He replied, lowering his head to take a look at the menu.

Come to think of it, he hadn't eaten anything for the past month. Although he didn't need it, now that he had been pestered into coming out here, might as well take a bite.

“You do know these news reports are talking about you, right?” She said, waving the tablet in her hand.

“Someone's getting awfully chatty ever since they learned English”. His indifferent face carried no fluctuations whatsoever as he retorted without raising his head.

The female was left a bit speechless. Her face had a bit of shyness and smugness as she responded.

“Je n'ai pas seulement appris l'anglais".

Now it was his turn to be speechless.

“Yeah yeah! Adapting to an entire new culture and learning seven languages in a week. You Kryptonians are remarkable". He said, humoring her.

“Just hurry and order already”.

The female didn't say anything more and picked up the menu. As she was reading, she noticed a shadow appear over her.