Chapter 18

"Where is he?" You spat in the face of a fellow coworker at the pizzeria, only a simple cleaner at most - you didn't even know her name - but she immediately cowered as you hissed at her.

"W-who?" She stammered, her knuckles fading to a white as she clutched the mop with force.

"Mike. Tell me where he is." A step forward from you only, predictably, caused a step backward from the red-haired shivering victim.

"Mike... h-he's not in his office?"

"Sure as hell he isn't."

"W-well, I saw his son head to Pirate's Cove-- y-you could try there?"

"Great. Thank you."

Each pound of your feet were on fire, the ground almost rumbling beneath your absolute anger. Almost identical to the bang, bang, bang that you heard the night before...

Bang, bang, bang.

"Anyone, by any chance, got any idea what that is?" You asked to the crowd of confused faces and tense shoulders. All heads were turned to the hallway, and the noise only continued. It was like someone was knocking on a door somewhere, trying to get out... or in. A wave of goosebumps attacked your body, and the longer you stood waiting for something to happen, no noise other than the door and the buzzing of robotic machinery to comfort you, you got even more cautious.

"W-we're going to have to go and check it out." Bonnie gulped.

"We can't all go!" Chica replied in a hushed whisper. "Do you know how heavy we'll all sound as a group? Two people should go. One to check, and one to run back and scream if the one who's checking gets stabbed."

"Chica!" Freddy snapped. "Don't be so pessimistic."

"You're forgetting there's someone here who doesn't know how it feels yet." Bonnie said in a nonchalant tone, although you could plainly see the smirk that was trying to slide it's way onto his face.

"Heh, yeah, no spoilers." You tried to play it off like it was no biggie, but you really didn't want to know what it felt like getting your flesh ripped apart to be honest. "So who goes?"

"Arr, I already be missin' a hand, I ain't takin' the risk!" Foxy shuddered and protected his working hand with his hook, which shone in the dim lighting of the diner area.

"Freddy should go." Chica had blurted out. "He's the leader."

"No." You instantly shot down her idea, placing a trembling hand on Freddy's arm. "I'm not letting you do it just because of the burden placed on you. I'll go."

"No! You're human!" Bonnie cried, almost a little too quickly. "We're heavy, and strong, and hard to break. They can pierce you, or rip you apart!"

"You don't realize how fragile human beings really are until you aren't one." Freddy shook his head, his fuzzy yet dangling locks swishing from side to side along with his mechanic ears.

"I don't care." You said. They'd died already, and they didn't need to die again, so on you went, through the silent yet open-mouthed flock of animatronics and started heading towards the hallway. It could just be nothing, anyway. It seems the one thing they fear is death, and that's more than understandable. The banging persisted, and it got a little annoying as the closer you got, the louder it became. A headache started pounding within seconds - but it didn't take long for you to realize there was another sound other than the banging around you. A buzzing sound. You smiled, turning around and seeing the familiar face with buck teeth and magenta eyes that glowed, lighting his way. He wore a shy stance, looking away and lowering his right bunny ear to scratch it.

"I-I wasn't gonna let you go alone. You know that."

It wasn't the time, but you really just wanted to kiss him then and there. It's unfair that he got to be so irresistible. Side by side, you both moved forward to find the source of the banging.

The lights flickered in alternate patterns, the banging increasing in volume once more. You subconsciously wrapped one arm around Bonnie's for protection, and he held it tightly, his thumb rubbing your prickly skin.

"The supply closet." You whispered. You both stood before it, and the door was vibrating with every thump from whoever - or whatever - was inside.

"I'll open it." Bonnie said, loosely letting go of your arm, and the warmth of him leaving you. You let out a terrified sigh, shaking and stepping back as if to prepare for a blow as he grabbed hold of the knob. The door creaked, and the thumping stopped.

Slowly, very slowly, Bonnie pushed open the door, peering into the darkness that only the camera light illuminated, and even then it was hard to see what was inside.

You didn't hear thumping, but now you heard... muffles.

"Oh god, there's someone in here!" Bonnie squeaked.

"Stay there." You took off towards the office which was right beside you both, fetched the torch that Mike had left lying on the desk table and returned in moments.

You clicked the flash light and shined it into the closet - and someone was sitting on the floor with his knees to his chest, tied up, wounded, and distressed.

"Jack?!"

His head shot up. It was him! It really was him!

Instantly pulling him out of the closet and into the hallway, you untied him and Bonnie removed the bandage around his mouth.

"Oh, my Lord, am I happy to see you two." He managed to croak. Beads of sweat were forming on his forehead, his suit was ripped, he had gashes on his neck and arms and his mustache had been... had been... shaved. Now all that's left was the tuft of hair on his head.

"What happened to you? Tell us everything. Please." You wondered why you hadn't seem him around! Who would have injured your boss and threw him into the supply closet? Great, more questions to worry about, you inwardly groaned. He looked genuinely terrified, and... so did Bonnie. He had crouched down beside the poor man, and was firmly holding him and watching over him, although he looked too shocked to comfort him in any way.

"That bastard. That bastard!" Jack spoke through his teeth, grinding them, clenching his fists as you finished untying the last bit of rough rope. He had burn marks from it, but he didn't seem to care at that moment. "I knew I shouldn't have hired him! He never appealed to me at all! I just... I needed the money..."

"Who?"

"Mike, obviously." The attitude in your boss had changed; after all, this was probably a traumatizing experience for him. You hurriedly told Bonnie to get the others to make some tea for Jack, for that's all you could do.

"Mike?" You echoed. "Mike did this to you? I - how? When? Why?"

"God, I - I don't know. I have an idea. The guy told me I needed a vacation, a good sorting out, all the business was just getting to my head, and the problems with the finance was only making it worse - I had to arrange another meeting with my therapist a while ago when he walked into the restaurant with his family and saw the state of me."

...You entered the pizzeria, hugging your jacket against you as you looked around, expecting Jack to pop up as he'd usually do. Funny enough, he didn't; you spotted him over at the far side of the pizzeria, looking like he was having a very serious conversation with someone double his age. You shrugged, heading the other way... (CH6)

"I never used to wear colourful suits all the time you know... I just... I was just trying so hard. With all of this. I wanted it to work out this time. But no, he had to show up. He told me he'd take over the place for a while, and I believed him, was truly grateful, too, but when I came back, I found out he just wanted rid of me. He wanted me gone, distracted, so he could do what he liked. What he wanted to do, I... I have no idea." Jack swallowed. "But when I showed up two days ago, he immediately trapped me in this closet without a second thought, the loon! Though, he wasn't that mean, he fed me scrappings of food. He didn't want me dead, he just wanted me out of his way... I haven't stretched my legs, so if you'll excuse me." He slowly stood himself, his knees cracking and his skin stretching as he reached his arms out in front of him, and gave a somewhat satisfied exhale.

The only thing you had to ask now was...

"What the fuck, Mike." You almost yelled to the man in question, resting lazily against the wall in Pirate's Cove in his uniform before snapping his head to you.

-END OF CHAPTER18-